Tactical Solutions Integral Rail - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:52 AM
poochie
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Tactical Solutions Integral Rail

Any pros or cons on this rail?

Old 01-11-2019, 12:29 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (130)
I have had one for several years, works fine. I did have to do a wee bit of fitting on the rear frame post. Mine is one of the first Buck Mark's on the market so later models probably drop right on without a hitch. All it took was couple light strokes with a file around the post. Nice to be able to remove the optic and go irons when wanted.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Never shot mine with the factory barrel, but in conjunction with a TacSol barrel, you will likely need their taller front sight. I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 03:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've used this rail on the pistol when it had a factory barrel and after I got the Tactical Solutions barrel.

I never had any problems with it. In addition, I use a drop of blue LocTite on the threads of the screws to keep them from backing out.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:09 PM
cstuard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All pros for me. Many yrs ago I bought a Silhouette and quickly realized I didn't really like shooting it. So I bought a Bullseye barrel and a Wiegand top rail. Wiegand didn't fit real well but I made it work. But people I took shooting had trouble finding the dot in my panaramic sight so I got the Tacsol rail so I would have a rear sight. Then I picked up a 5.5 Target. Put the Silhouette back to stock and installed the Bullseye barrel and Tacsol on the Target. My wife shot two Steel Challenges w/ the Tacsol w/ it's sight since she had never shot a dot before. As far as I am concerned the Tacsol is = to OEM.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10X1958 View Post
I've used this rail on the pistol when it had a factory barrel and after I got the Tactical Solutions barrel.

I never had any problems with it. In addition, I use a drop of blue LocTite on the threads of the screws to keep them from backing out.
Did you shoot the open sights or go dot exclusively? This with a 7.5 Tacsol barrel, I ran out of adjustment on the rear sight from a 15yd zero. I emailed Tacsol and they sent me a tall fiber optic. For Free!

The rail is as good as it gets. In the case that you did have some fitment problems, its likely just going to be the tail end of it, and you can dremel that out in 5 mins.

As far as a rail with no sights - the B-square mount is great. Its open on the rear, so no issues clearing that rear lug completely. Brother in law got one that I installed, and it was the first that I didn't have to modify a little (Weigand/ Tacsol).

Last edited by Flash_80; 01-13-2019 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2019, 07:17 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
Did you shoot the open sights or go do exclusively? This with a 7.5 Tacsol barrel, I ran out of adjustment on the rear sight from a 15yd zero. I emailed Tacsol and they sent me a tall fiber optic. For Free!

The rail is as good as it gets. In the case that you did have some fitment problems, its likely just going to be the tail end of it, and you can dremel that out in 5 mins.

As far as a rail with no sights - the B-square mount is great. Its open on the rear, so no issues clearing that rear lug completely. Brother in law got one that I installed, and it was the first that I didn't have to modify a little (Weigand/ Tacsol).
I didn't shoot with the iron sights. After putting the rail on, I mounted a Burris Fast Fire III red dot on the pistol.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:58 PM
poochie

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Thanks to all for the info. I now have one on the way. Again thanks.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Test it with your open sights before you mount a dot. If for no other reason than you will know up front if it will work in that configuration correctly. I never used mine with a factory barrel/sight, so I can't speak from any experience. But Tacsol rail + Tacsol barrel = needs taller front sight for me.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:13 AM
poochie

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
Test it with your open sights before you mount a dot. If for no other reason than you will know up front if it will work in that configuration correctly. I never used mine with a factory barrel/sight, so I can't speak from any experience. But Tacsol rail + Tacsol barrel = needs taller front sight for me.
Will do. Going to attach it to a stock 5.5" Buck Mark barrel that I picked up. Later I will try it with an old Leupold 2X pistol scope. I don't own any Red Dots. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:51 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
like it - im getting one for mine , and one for my son too , his birthday is coming soon ,
Old 01-18-2019, 04:23 PM
poochie

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Rcvd. it today. Perfect fit and the sight works like it should. No complaints from me.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:22 PM
Matir

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I have one of these and have a lot of problems with it losing zero. Mostly the blade keeps shifting to the right. Has anyone run into this?

It shifts over a small number of shots (e.g., 40 or fewer), which rather ruins the use of the iron sights.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matir View Post
So I have one of these and have a lot of problems with it losing zero. Mostly the blade keeps shifting to the right. Has anyone run into this?

It shifts over a small number of shots (e.g., 40 or fewer), which rather ruins the use of the iron sights.
That's not normal. Contact Tactical Solutions at 866-333-9901. They have very good customer service and will take care of the problem, however with that said, I suspect most of Tactical Solutions is at the SHOT show right now.

Nolan
Old 01-23-2019, 11:39 AM
drshame

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/drshame/media/IMG_8159%201_zps78cpfaku.jpg.html][/URL]

Got the plain rail and immediately ordered the combo. It works fine and the rear sight is low enough it doesn't hit my 'scope or Aimpoint.