Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mini-mag recall?

8K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  JMKnowles 
#1 ·
Was at a TX Walmart yesterday and decided to pick up 2 100 round packs of 36gr hp CCI Minimags.
The register would not allow them to be sold, evendors when a manager came by with his override key and code. Manager said that only happens with a recall.
WM mistake or true?

#10 ·
the only time the Walmart system refuses to let an item be sold is for a product recal.

When an item "goes out of system" and becomes what we called "Not On File", it takes 5 minutes or less to put it back on file with the system and make it saleable. So as a result, if the management couldn't get the system to take it for sale, one should start to take notice because the Walmart system will normally flag an item for recall up to a week before the actual companies announce it.

With food, the system would block that brand of say pizza or yogurt for sale on Tuesday morning, and normally a major salmonella recall would be announced on the Thursday evening news for that item.

#16 ·
The best I've seen is from a gun store client for whom I do advertisements. Between the sale price I've seen my client do and a coincidental Walmart sale price, my guess is that CCI MiniMag costs each store about $7.50 / 100, maybe even less. I know that Walmart had them priced at $14.95 / 100 when my client was selling them for $7.95 / 100. Same exact product so no packaging or item differences. I'm just guessing now but while my client is very successful, I just don't think he has quite the buying power leverage that Walmart does...

#19 ·
during the Obama fiasco days of the ammo craze, local "auction store" would spend 2 hours standing in line with 5 employees each buying their limit of what ever rimfire ammo came in that days truck.

Its funny seeing them all buy up their daily limit at 8.00 per box of 100, or 225 for some small fun boxes of bulk, and then go across the street and put in their display case for a typical 3-400% increase.

#22 ·
if store management wants any ammo for themselves, they simply take a shopping cart to the loading dock, and sort through the new ammo shipping tub when it comes off the truck and go buy it.

They do that a lot, it hurts when you helped unload a truck that had 3 cases of CCI SV on it, and when it comes time to get it in the morning, you see the assistant store manager pushing that shopping cart of ammo to the front checkout lanes.

#39 ·
all through the "shortage" bulk boxes of federal 100 round 55 grain fmj .223 were 34.99. moment "shortage over" and federal announced all production caught up, price goes up to 39.99 locally.

cant call bogus on the store manager being called over by the register programming. That's actually ONLY done when an item is flagged for NO SEL situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.