Magazine Holders, Caddies or Pouch Ideas - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magazine Holders, Caddies or Pouch Ideas

I decided to start a thread on ideas for methods of carrying magazines - lots of them. Please post your ideas here.

If you are like me and want to be able to shoot more than reloading magazines then you probably have lots a magazines for a particular rifle or handgun.

I have a Savage B22 which uses the 10-round rotary magazines which are a little larger than the 10/22 magazine. I like shooting that B22 a lot. I've made a lot of improvements to it and it is nothing but sheer pleasure every time I squeeze the trigger.

Anyway, I wanted some means of carrying the magazines in the field and to the range. This may be overkill for a day of hunting but I still keep the magazines organized and capable of carrying with rattling around in my pockets.

I found that the Olongapo M-1 Garand magazine pouch is perfect for my needs. Be advised that if you have lots of the Ruger 10/22 10-round magazines this will work as they are smaller than the Savage product. I don't know how well a Ruger 15-round magazine will fit in the pouch.

Anyway, I purchased the Olongapo M-1 Garand Garb-and-Go magazine pouch for 12 magazines.

https://olongapooutfitters.com/equip...d-grab-and-go/

They also come in other versions if you don't like the over-the-shoulder carrier.

Here is my magazine grab-and-go pouch with B22 magazines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1964.jpg (519.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1965.jpg (428.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1966.jpg (380.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-01-2020, 11:18 PM
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Even the nylon cylinder reloading pouches work good. The cylinder pouches for revolvers.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 AM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have been using Olongapo Garand gear for many years. It is really good stuff - well thought out and durable. It never occurred to me to repurpose his stuff for rimfire pursuits. That was some clever out-of-the-box thinking on your part!

Last edited by FALPhil; 06-02-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 09:00 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good idea. Since I have a Garand or two, I will have to check it out. I use a Hill People gear kit bag. I carry my mags, a pistol and various other odds and ends. It works pretty well for me.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...1/ProductID/71
Old 06-02-2020, 12:12 PM
T0rtuga
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is more mag storage and organization than pouch, but here's some learned from others.

Ten BX-1 magazines fit perfectly in a Pelican 1040 case.

And if you are running base pads or Double Kross mags, Home Depot makes a Husky branded 6-compartment case that works great. It comes with three latches, but I drifted the pins out of two and removed them.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:57 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've also found another way to organize and carry magazines for my Anschutz rifles.

It can be done with any other sort of pouch but I had an Army map case. I used Gorilla glue to affix magnets to a scrap piece of wood. The magnets keep the metal magazines in place while I'm shooting.

This keeps them from falling off the bench. If I'm shooting from sitting or prone position, this also keeps the magazines from getting lost in the grass. After I empty one magazine, I put it back on the magnet and grab another one.

Once I'm done shooting, the board and magazines go back in the map case. Every now and then the magazines fall of the magnets in the case but since everything is contained, they don't get lost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2021.jpg (411.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2022.jpg (486.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2023.jpg (447.4 KB, 2 views)