Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:07 AM
beartrax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Follow-Up!

When you get it in hand, you owe us some good pictures of this late production rifle!

Old 04-12-2020, 08:42 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think you will probably find that your "new to you" model 5 has 12 groove rifling. There's been debate over the years as to whether it's as accurate as the older 6 groove. I have a couple rifles with the 12 groove and I have no complaints about the accuracy. Actually, there are also comments in earlier threads about the poorer quality (fit & finish) of the 70's guns, but I have a 1974 model 5 which is every bit as nice (and accurate) as my earlier rifles. beautiful walnut stock, nicely executed checkering, good metal finish, all round lovely rifle, I much prefer it to any 455 I have seen. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:33 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno

I will have to try and figure out how to post pics once I get it.
I am not to computer savvy.

On another note there is a brno#1 for sale on one of our Canadian sites, that I would only consider as good cond. the ask price is $1100 CDN. Thatís crazy.
Thank again for any help and advice thus far. I might try and figure out how to post pics later, with my # 1
Old 04-12-2020, 09:51 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was just looking at that model 1, and I agree with you totally. I've seen them in similar condition recently, selling for the $400 dollar range. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:07 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
I was just looking at that model 1, and I agree with you totally. I've seen them in similar condition recently, selling for the $400 dollar range. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask?
Yup, there is not much on that rifle that is appealing. It looks pretty worn.
I donít think he will get any response to that one
Old 04-12-2020, 11:15 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno5

Pic test for brno#1 https://imgur.com/a/AM700Gx

If this works you will see it needs a proper butt pad, and rear sight, otherwise decent shape. Not sure if this will work not computer savvy at all.

Last edited by spurly; 04-12-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:43 AM
beartrax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pictures

Your link to the picture on Imgur works; however, you are very close to posting it directly to your message here. Just open the picture in Imgur, if the share codes do not appear on the side then click on the three dots at the top and choose "get share codes". Pick the BBCode (for forums and message boards), copy it and past it into your post and the picture will appear there when you submit your reply.

Last edited by beartrax; 04-12-2020 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2020, 11:46 AM
beartrax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 1

Just looking at the picture of the Model 1, I would guess:
1. The stock was cut off to make it straight and a flat buttplate was fitted
2. The metal was polished and re-blued
Old 04-12-2020, 11:58 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrax View Post
Just looking at the picture of the Model 1, I would guess:
1. The stock was cut off to make it straight and a flat buttplate was fitted
2. The metal was polished and re-blued
It may be just the way the pic looks, the stock, still has the arch at the rear.
Although the pic looks to have uneven bluing it does not appear to be reblued, I will clean it up to try and get a better pic.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:01 PM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno

Quote:
Your link to the picture on Imgur works; however, you are very close to posting it directly to your message here. Just open the picture in Imgur, if the share codes do not appear on the side then click on the three dots at the top and choose "get share codes". Pick the BBCode (for forums and message boards), copy it and past it into your post and the picture will appear there when you submit your reply.
I tried the 3 dots, but it does not give me share code options for some reason, it only gives me copy link option.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:28 PM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno

Quote:
I am not seeing any other codes at all.
Could it be because I am using an iPad,
Old 04-14-2020, 09:00 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno 5

I have located a Leupold vxiii 2.5-8x36 scope for this model 5, and a set of high, Warne rings. I think the gophers, might be in trouble once they are out.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:39 AM
birdinator

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrax
I am not seeing any other codes at all.
Could it be because I am using an iPad,
I didn't see any way to make a BBCODE tag on imgur, but they're not hard to make. Hope you don't mind me doing it spurly.

Last edited by birdinator; 04-18-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:49 AM
beartrax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 1

Nice old rifle. I still do not see any curve in that butt plate at all......and the blue on the bolt handle is pristine.......so much so that I still suspect it was re-finished. Now that you have it in hand what is your verdict?
Old 04-20-2020, 11:13 AM
spurly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinator View Post
I didn't see any way to make a BBCODE tag on imgur, but they're not hard to make. Hope you don't mind me doing it spurly.

Thank you for posting the picture for me.