Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:12 AM
RC125

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno Model 4 cut down to Sporter at factory

I have heard of these and have been keeping my eye open for years. I would really like to find one for sale if they do exist?!? I’ve heard they were very accurate and light enough to carry hunting
Old 04-02-2020, 06:40 AM
BRNO/CZluvr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Check about 10 threads down and check out: The good bad and ugly model 4 the 456 lux. Or something like that.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 AM
jmrybak

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
They exist. Called the Brno ZKM 456 Model 4 Lux. And came in two versions (open sights or target globe and rear micrometer). Check out the thread mentioned above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2020, 07:00 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cut Down Brno

I was always told that these were created by Brno Aeron as part of the "factory new" refurbish process done on former Svazarm training rifles. So I guess the question is which factory was responsible for these?

Edit: I went back and re-read the "Ugly Model 4" post. The answer was in there.................Thanks.

Last edited by beartrax; 04-02-2020 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Update
Old 04-02-2020, 07:55 AM
67rschev
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC125 View Post
I have heard of these and have been keeping my eye open for years. I would really like to find one for sale if they do exist?!? I’ve heard they were very accurate and light enough to carry hunting
You are correct , the form and weight of the 456 LUX would make this just an outstanding hunting rifle. Even with a large target scope, the unit came in under 8 pounds and would be much less with a 2-7. Unfortunately the example that found its way to my collection had some underlying issues that I am addressing as noted in the thread. The action, leade, and rifling are very very good typical of BRNO work, and I think it will come around and impress. I am still debating cutting this one to 18 inches and threading if I keep it, as I had tired eyes and it will only be scoped while its in my care.

Last edited by 67rschev; 04-02-2020 at 07:58 AM.