Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:35 AM
DonkeyFluffer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 15-22

Got this with a Glock 44 to save a few $ while training up the wife and two teens. I have 3 AR's in 5.56 and one in 9mm. Also have two G19's and a G17. We go through a lot of ammo and, even buying the more expensive .22 lr, I figure we'll save some money in the long run.

Bottom line up front; I'm very pleased. The 15-22 flawlessly ate 300 rounds of CCI Tactical and 150 Aguila Super Extra yesterday. The MBUS sights zeroed at 50 in 6 rounds, the spare TRS-25 I'd taken off an old Mossberg Plinkster a few years ago took about 15 to dial in. I shoot in my backyard and can change that to 100 if the consensus is that a 100 meter zero is better for. 22lr. I am just used to 5.56 and using either a 50/200 orsometimes a 25/300. The MBUS co-witnessed just fine with the Bushnell and I don't really see a reason to upgrade the red dot right now since I'm running Sig Romeo 5's, Romeo 5 XDR'S, and Romeo 5 XDR Predators on my other AR's and they are quite similar in regards to training the family

The G44, despite all the hysteria, was almost flawless. It had two malfunctions on 20 rounds of Winchester Super X, so I switched to Aquila Super Extra and ran 250 without a single problem. The adjustable sights don't adjust enough though and I'll be looking for either a taller front sight or to replace front and rear altogether. (2" high at 15 yards on the Aguila).

My biggest issue is I can't hear the "ting" on the 14 silhouettes of 1/2" AR500 steel I have on my rifle trail. The 3/8" plates on my pistol range is somewhat better. I'll either have to repaint them more often or figure something else out.

Anyways, my first post with you guys and it was reading all of your posts that made me choose the 15-22.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2020, 12:15 PM
chomorro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Reminds me I havent taken either of mine out in a long time.

Good guns, I should try to zero mine at 50 instead of 100

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2020, 08:35 PM
JB in SC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had a bunch of fun shooting an Innovative Arms integrally supressed full auto M&P 15-22 today. Just chews the red target dot up

Gonna have to get one of these....

Love my G44 too, mine runs great.

Last edited by JB in SC; 03-01-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2020, 08:47 PM
marvin02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats on the 15-22. I also bought a new one yesterday. Cabela's has the "Optic Ready" version (Model 12722) for $300 during their 2nd Amendment sale.

I ran 75 rounds thru mine yesterday with no problems. 50 rounds of Aguila HV 40 grain CPRN and 25 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags.

I cleaned mine before going to the range and it looked like the inside of the barrel was coated with black grease. It was the dirtiest barrel on any new gun I have ever seen, in my very limited experience. It shot great once I got it to the range.

I came home and ordered some extra mags and an angled grip for it.

The other first impression I got when taking it apart when I got home was that there isn't much steel in this thing, but it felt great when shooting it.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Eric300
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
The M&P 15-22 is a great little .22lr and a flat out blast to shoot, so load up on plenty of ammo and mags! Reasonably accurate as well. The 15-22 is great stock, but, like all AR platforms, can be accessorized to almost no end. The first thing you should do is upgrade the trigger group. You have been warned.

Here's mine in a couple of different configurations. I probably have 3 times the amount of money in accessories than I paid for the rifle.