Glock 44 - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 PM
redmike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

FYI The small Victorinox screwdriver that fits in the corkscrew worked well on my rear sight adjustment screws.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:54 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike View Post
FYI The small Victorinox screwdriver that fits in the corkscrew worked well on my rear sight adjustment screws.
Mine came with a screwdriver bit that fits on the cleaning rod.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:16 PM
redmike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine did, too. However, when I took it out to shoot the first day, I didnít know that. I always carry my Swiss Army knife, and always have that small screwdriver. I thought there might be others who carry a SAK also.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:14 AM
RCoop
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
yesterday

Took mine out yesterday and ran another 200 rounds out of it. Tried some win 40 hp sub sonic for the last magazine. Only ammo that gave me an issue out of 3 different ones. Not surprising though as weak as the subs are. My best groups from the bench with a rest was with fed HV GMM. But for general use I'll stick with CCI blazer.

Last edited by RCoop; 02-20-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:15 PM
JB in SC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blazers run great, none of my four mags have any of the first round feed issues described.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:34 AM
helitack32f1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess I will add my Glock 44 results to the thread. After finally receiving mine after a long wait I cleaned it thoroughly, including taking apart the slide and cleaning the chamber well as it looked a bit unclean., then lubed it up. I was anxious to get it out and managed to get out just before dark to a local gravel pit and I was able to put 220 rounds through it. 50 rounds of CCI Velocitor, 50 rounds of Stinger, 50 rounds of some cheap Remington stuff and 70 rounds of 36 grain CCI Mini Mags.

The gun failed to misfire in any way on every single round fired. The Remington stuff had a random weak round placed throughout the magazines and even they cycled properly. Loaded the magazines as the directions say to but didn't spend a lot of time agonizing over the loading process. Worked great and was far more reliable than most of the .22LR items I own.

Tons o fun to shoot and didn't want to stop but darkness arrived and made continuing difficult.

Last edited by helitack32f1; 02-23-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:53 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Guess I will add my Glock 44 results to the thread. After finally receiving mine after a long wait I cleaned it thoroughly, including taking apart the slide and cleaning the chamber well as it looked a bit unclean., then lubed it up. I was anxious to get it out and managed to get out just before dark to a local gravel pit and I was able to put 220 rounds through it. 50 rounds of CCI Velocitor, 50 rounds of Stinger, 50 rounds of some cheap Remington stuff and 70 rounds of 36 grain CCI Mini Mags.

The gun failed to misfire in any way on every single round fired. The Remington stuff had a random weak round placed throughout the magazines and even they cycled properly. Loaded the magazines as the directions say to but didn't spend a lot of time agonizing over the loading process. Worked great and was far more reliable than most of the .22LR items I own.

Tons o fun to shoot and didn't want to stop but darkness arrived and made continuing difficult.
Sorry you had such a boring and uneventful range session. If you are craving drama, you can always watch 22Plinkster's video on YouTube.

Last edited by Mike_AK; 02-23-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:14 AM
JB in SC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Sorry you had such a boring and uneventful range session. If you are craving drama, you can always watch 22Plinkster's video on YouTube.
Too much drama....pass
Old 02-23-2020, 11:51 AM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Quote:
Only found out who 22plinkster was at the release of the lcp22 (I'm a lousy millennial).

He reached for the federal ammo, and my first thought was how that ammo is probably the most unreliable ammo I've ever shot. Heck I've had it fail in bolt guns more than the glock. He's sponsored by federal so coming and saying "hey this grey box is garbage" was not likely to happen.

Range line next to me had one yesterday, they ran mags through it for the hour I was there. Not a single hiccup that I saw, not a single brick of quality on their table either.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:07 PM
Bupaw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’m at around 400 rounds through my G44. Blazer, super x power points and even M22s. Only problem I’ve had (twice) is the first round not chambering. First time it stood straight up and the second time it jammed into the top front of magazine. I’ve watched several first rounds that were at a bad angle go ahead and chamber so I’ve been trying to make it malfunction. If the round is sitting up then my gun is 100% reliable. I watched Hickok45 shooting a ruger sr and he was tapping the mags on the table as he loaded. This is not a big deal to me. What is a big deal is the speed that I can empty a magazine. This gun will run. I’ve owned rugers brownings walther and the g44 blows them away on speed. Does speed matter? I personally love it! Love the G44. Yes I have several more Glocks so this is good cheap trigger time for me. Making a handgun malfunction on video is easy to do, just let your off hand thumb ride the slide and it’ll cause all kinds of problems. The g44 mag isn’t what it ought to be but only on chambering the first round and if you pay attention while loading then it’s not a big problem but I understand that some people want perfection.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:54 AM
RCoop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine

I've put about 400 through mine all together and only problems I've had so far has been with subsonic ammo that I've tried. Have't had a failure to load the first round as of yet. Runs with CCI blazer like a champ and have used several others without a problem.
Yep I did a magazine dump with it and was impressive on how fast it will empty out.
2 more extra mags on the way so a speed steel match is in the works.
The only thing for me is getting use to the light weight of the gun for control and staying on target while on my back legs.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 PM
helitack32f1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Been there, done that! Before I ever bought the Glock 44. Don't forget the MAC videos, he is about the same when it comes to this gun.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:47 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I am a big fan of 22plinkster and like to watch his videos, but apparently some are not and did not like his review which I understand. So, here is another not so good review by another gun guy I like who watch who is a great shooter and does great unbiased reviews. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69oEhuj6SGc
Old 02-26-2020, 09:59 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
People need to keep in mind these are trainers and not defense pistols. Add to that the inconsistencies of popular .22 ammo, and there can be issues - with all of them.

Some amount of issues are to be expected. These aren't $600 pistols.

With some testing, and sometimes some simple mods, you can usually eliminate most of the issues.

If you have, or like, Glocks the G44 would be a good addition as a trainer/plinker.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:04 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 View Post
I am a big fan of 22plinkster and like to watch his videos, but apparently some are not and did not like his review which I understand. So, here is another not so good review by another gun guy I like who watch who is a great shooter and does great unbiased reviews. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69oEhuj6SGc
Yep. It will do that if you don't read the instructions and load the magazines incorrectly. Seems like the guys having problems are the guys with YouTube channels... Funny how you never see Plinkster posting videos about Ruger MK pistol failures to feed, but the discussion boards are full of posts regarding magazine problems. There are even business that specialize in MK magazine fixes.

Last edited by Mike_AK; 02-26-2020 at 10:07 AM.