Any Savage B22 improvements come out since my original purchase? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:31 AM
wahoowad
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Any Savage B22 improvements come out since my original purchase?

I haven't shot my B22 much since I bought it back in 2017. I put a Dead Air silencer on it and shot it a good bit when I first got it to find the right ammo it likes, but has been sitting in the safe for awhile. Mine likes CCI SV and Aguila SV and it's been accurate enough for taking a few groundhogs out to about 75 yards.

Has Savage made improvements to the rotary magazine? I've gotten better at mine but it still can get hard to load at times.

Also, any definitive testing reveal whether keeping or removing the support channel in the stock helps one way or another? Mine is out but not sure my testing proved anything to me.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:26 PM
10X1958

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put a Boyd's Pro-Varmint stock on mine. The only problem that I had with the installation was with the magazine latch.

The clip on the magazine would not engage the catch and the magazine would not remain inside the magazine well.

I filed a little bit off of the inside/top of the lip that the magazine clip engages.

It fits like a glove.

This is the 2nd stock that I purchased from Boyd's. The first was an AT-One stock for the Ruger American Rimfire. Dropped in there without any problems.

I haven't test fired the Savage with the new stock yet. I'm waiting on the Vortex Viper PST 3-15X scope with the illuminated Mil-Rad recticle.

With the OEM plastic stock I was getting 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with CCI HV ammunition.

If the Boyd's stock on the Savage performs like it did for the Ruger, I'm hoping to shrink those groups.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator

Last edited by 10X1958; 02-07-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:29 PM
wahoowad

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'd love to see a picture of your gun in the Boyd stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2020, 06:54 PM
10X1958

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The photos don't do the rifle any justice.

What you see on Boyd's website is a very accurate depiction of what you can expect for the stock you receive.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new stock yet, as I'm waiting to replace the scope with one that has an illuminated reticle.

When I pick this thing up and put it to the shoulder it feels like a REAL rifle, not a plastic stocked toy gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Savage B22 A.jpg (535.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Savage B22 B.jpg (532.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by 10X1958; 02-07-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:58 PM
wahoowad

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Looks fantastic !
Old 02-07-2020, 10:03 PM
10X1958

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowad View Post
I haven't shot my B22 much since I bought it back in 2017. I put a Dead Air silencer on it and shot it a good bit when I first got it to find the right ammo it likes, but has been sitting in the safe for awhile. Mine likes CCI SV and Aguila SV and it's been accurate enough for taking a few groundhogs out to about 75 yards.

Has Savage made improvements to the rotary magazine? I've gotten better at mine but it still can get hard to load at times.

Also, any definitive testing reveal whether keeping or removing the support channel in the stock helps one way or another? Mine is out but not sure my testing proved anything to me.
Do you have any problems with FTF in your Savage with the Aguila ammunition?
Old 02-08-2020, 06:58 AM
wahoowad

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10X1958 View Post
Do you have any problems with FTF in your Savage with the Aguila ammunition?
no. Haven't shot a lot but have shot a box or two of their SV and HV and no issues