Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Tackdriver22250

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via AIM to Tackdriver22250
Uberti 1873 RIFLE information?

At the risk of showing people these even exist and raising interest in them, can anyone tell me any information on these rifles? I never knew they existed until these recently showed up on auction, and like an idiot, I let them slip away.

1873 22 LR

1873 22 Magnum
Old 01-04-2020, 08:33 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
yup - been hearing more of them and yes , i want one but ill most likely end up paying more by waiting , wish i knew more - i dont yet
Old 01-05-2020, 05:55 PM
different

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250 View Post
At the risk of showing people these even exist and raising interest in them, can anyone tell me any information on these rifles? I never knew they existed until these recently showed up on auction, and like an idiot, I let them slip away.

1873 22 LR

1873 22 Magnum
Glad I didn't see the auction, as I would have bid more than that for the lr. I have the 1873 carbine in 22lr and always wanted the octagon barrel rifle. I let one slip away for $900 years ago and always regretted it. this one was quite nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2020, 06:19 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:

1873 22 LR

1873 22 Magnum
if you keep your eyes peeled, you will come across them from time to time. I think they are not offered anymore from mfg, but you can do your due diligence and see for yourself.

At one time i had 4 of them of the various flavors, but sold them off since i wasnt using them. They were fun to collect and they were really heafty toys for 22s. So if you wanted a lightweight toy, they were not it.

The actions were not as smooth as my BL22 or Henry, but they did look and operate like the big CF brothers. I just wish they were side loaders. Some of the ones i had, had rear ladder flip up sights. But i never ran the ladder sights through its paces. but they were cool to see on them.

if you really want one, you will keep on looking and jump on it when the time comes. If not, i always say..."easy come, easy go" FWIW, on some toys ive spent YEARS looking and waiting for one to come up for sale. Again, if you REALLY want one, you will make it happen.

Here are some rare ones that i waited for several years, not LAs....the links are not mine, its just easier to search for online photos..

https://edelweissarms.com/w-f-bern-s...2lr-sn-898xxx/

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...practice-rifle
Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Late last winter a friend found an incomplete original .22 Long at an antique shop here in New Hampshire, he talked it down to $15 (fifteen!) and bought it. Missing side plates, toggles, firing pin extension, had a hand made oak stock but with the butt plate. It was made in 1887, same year as my .38-40 version. I took it on as a project, sourced the missing pieces, made the FP extension, it now shoots. Not a pretty thing like the Ubertis but a nice piece. You'll probably have better luck finding an original, the prices are often not that much different.

By the time the rifle was done he had around $600 in it, still not too bad. CCI .22 Long, in subsonic and standard velocity, is not hard to find around here, runs about $11/100.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:19 PM
funofagun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Uberti 1873 trapper?

Wasn't aware that they made this configuration picked it up on Gunsinternational Item No. 101371254. Will have the rifle and the carbine now.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
You should have bought this lot, look at the caliber and read that last line of the description for the second rifle, a different type conversion, but a lot less money - https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-action-rifles

Here's an interesting lever action that is a lot lighter than the Uberti 73's and a lot harder to find - https://www.gunsamerica.com/98001136...EVER-ACTIO.htm

Last edited by Sav22; 01-23-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:41 PM
staff3704
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Never knew there was such a thing and I'm a Uberti 1873 Cowboy Action Shooter (357 Mag).
Old 01-24-2020, 11:50 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav22 View Post
You should have bought this lot, look at the caliber and read that last line of the description for the second rifle, a different type conversion, but a lot less money - https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-action-rifles

Here's an interesting lever action that is a lot lighter than the Uberti 73's and a lot harder to find - https://www.gunsamerica.com/98001136...EVER-ACTIO.htm
the one i have is fine and working nice condition. There are 2 versions to be had. but im happy with the 1.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:57 PM
Tackdriver22250

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via AIM to Tackdriver22250
Quote:
the one i have is fine and working nice condition. There are 2 versions to be had. but im happy with the 1.
Is it a full size 1873 reproduction?

Also, I'm starting to regret making this thread and drawing attention to a model that no one else knew existed. Now I've flooded the market with more demand.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE EVERYONE! JUST MOVE ALONG!
Old 01-25-2020, 07:06 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Is it a full size 1873 reproduction?

Also, I'm starting to regret making this thread and drawing attention to a model that no one else knew existed. Now I've flooded the market with more demand.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE EVERYONE! JUST MOVE ALONG!
Its more or less a copy in 22LR. I didnt compare it to my 45LC 1873 uberty, but its not a small rifle.

FWIW, people know about them, its just that they dont care/want to spend the $$$ on a 22LR or they want some plastic gun.

there are alot of 22s out there and its what i like. along with other CFs too.

its like the one in the link below. there are a few that will buy one and many that wont.

https://edelweissarms.com/w-f-bern-s...2lr-sn-898xxx/

i have one and waited along time to find one. When it came to price, i was willing to pay since you dont see them that often. Just like the 1878 Krag 22.

The 22LR levers were just another part of my collection.

Last edited by bangbang; 01-25-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:44 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For the price some of the Uberti replicas are fetching a decent Winchester original in .22 Short or Long can sometimes be found.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:51 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcollector2 View Post
For the price some of the Uberti replicas are fetching a decent Winchester original in .22 Short or Long can sometimes be found.
true,

but when i was looking for a REAL 1873 in 22 Long Rifle, i found out those were all mostly gone or even more expensive back then. they were in the 1K+ and so now, i can see them being more than 5K+ easily.

I also looked at getting one in 22 short and having it modded to shoot LR, but in thee end it wasnt worth it to me. Just like many other guns out of my reach or rarity. easy come, easy go.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
true,

but when i was looking for a REAL 1873 in 22 Long Rifle, i found out those were all mostly gone or even more expensive back then. they were in the 1K+ and so now, i can see them being more than 5K+ easily.

I also looked at getting one in 22 short and having it modded to shoot LR, but in thee end it wasnt worth it to me. Just like many other guns out of my reach or rarity. easy come, easy go.
The Uberti 1873 .22 Mag I saw on GB went for around $1,600, I was bidding but dropped out. They are very good externally, I saw a few things internally that didn't compare with the Winchester but I doubt that they would affect the function of the rifles. They are beautiful and if one were to present itself locally I might not be able to resist. In the meantime my 1873 in 38-40 is pretty nice for it's 113 years.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:02 AM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcollector2 View Post
The Uberti 1873 .22 Mag I saw on GB went for around $1,600, I was bidding but dropped out. They are very good externally, I saw a few things internally that didn't compare with the Winchester but I doubt that they would affect the function of the rifles. They are beautiful and if one were to present itself locally I might not be able to resist. In the meantime my 1873 in 38-40 is pretty nice for it's 113 years.
the guy that won the 1873 i had, had a 22MAg along time ago and sold it. Of course its the old story of regretting it later.

But he was happy with the 22LR version.

Yes, externally, they are built like a tank. I still have my 1873 in 45 LC that im going to keep and try to shoot. I will have some work on it too. maybe when i get it to my FFL to work on i will take a look/see on the guts.