Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:48 PM
t4daddy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
No, but this place will sell you ten for $70 delivered.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-m...plated-hp.html

Or 5 of these for $100 delivered. That's 1500 rounds.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-a...0rds-0956.html
And neither of those are SV CCI...
Old 04-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Vigo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The several boxes of CCI SV I shot today had noticeably more wax on them, including all around the case mouth. This gummed up the works on my bolt action and caused severe extraction issues initially. Once I started wiping the wax off the cases, the extraction problems went away. The CCI SV I shot today was also somewhat less accurate than previous batches I've had - Aguila SV outshot CCI today, which it had not done previously. There were no failures to ignite. Hopefully this was a fluke. I had been having better luck with some of the older lots of CCI SV than this newer stuff. I'll have to dig into my ammo pile to and do some comparing.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Randy99CL
If you're looking for empty CCI plastic cases - I have some to spare. PM me and I'll send them to you under the RFC Pay-it-forward program
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Mike3838
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemail View Post
Out of curiostiy, how many rounds or bricks are in a case?
10 bricks of 500, or 5000 rounds. To a serious competitor, it's common to go through 5-10K a year. I use 3K per year of CCI-SV in my Benelli MP95 and another 3K of Federal AM22 in my Ruger MkII. The Benelli is for Bullseye, the Ruger also Bullseye training and back up.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:52 PM
ma96782

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This week I had the opportunity to shoot some of the CCI SV ammo that I got from the recent sale at Brownells. It shoots great. That is, compared with my regular promo bulk CCI Blazer stuff. I can't say exactly (I'm not into measuring) how much better. But, it was that obvious.

Anyway.....there wasn't a problem with the lube or the amount of lube.

But, I know what some of you are talking about. I can't say the problem (over lubed ammo) is limited to any particular brand (or offering). Because, I've seen it happen with many different offerings (mostly with various promo bulk ammo lines).

Aloha, Mark

Last edited by ma96782; 04-15-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:40 AM
only1harry

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think people are having very high expectations from CCI SV forgetting that it is still inexpensive low-end target ammo. It will have bad lots and good lots. Even some of the higher end import ammo does, but to a lesser extend.

I think many of us got hooked to CCI SV (myself included) when we got a good lot and shot very tight groups. My wife and I got sub 0.30" groups a couple of times at 50yds (she beat me with a .27" group) and were looking at each other like what just happened? What do we do with all the European ammo we purchased? However, that was a 2 time deal with 2 different lots in 2013-2014. We ended up going back to the import stuff once we purchased several different SV lots that did not perform as well, and even got some Failures to Fire. With 2 different lots to be exact (the FTF's) in 2014. I since got a pretty decent lot in 2016, but the rest were average and did not produce impressive groups so I cut back on my CCI SV purchases.

CCI SV is great ammo for the price and will outshoot HV ammo most of the time, and can be just as good as the low-end import target ammo (SK Std+, Wolf target, Eley Target and Club sometimes, RWS Target Rifle, RWS subsonic, etc.), but once you realize that it's not "magic ammo" and it can vary from lot to lot, then you will not be as disappointed when you run into an average or sub-standard lot. Just be prepared and have some good target or Match ammo with you at the range when you are shooting for groups or points. I 've had to switch over to import ammo a few times when trying out new CCI SV (lot#'s). It's normal. We are taking about a $3/box ammo here...

Harry