Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:22 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Who uses a Kestrel?

Some of the guys/girls that shoot matches with me use Kestrels for firing solutions at targets out to 350 yards. They seem to always have the right hold-over/wind calls for their shots. I need this!

If you have used Kestrels for this application, what Kestrel unit are you using? Have you had good results? What can you tell me to help?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have a basic Kestrel i use for wind reads and temp at the local 1000 yard matches. My Son uses a fancier model with built in applied ballistics program which is a lot nicer.

He's getting really good with using it with the various guns. We used it at Thunder Valley last week and other than a slight windage tweak we were right on even at the mile target. Pretty amazing when a first round shot is within 12 inches to the right on a mile target with an 88gr Hornady out of a 223.

They don't take the place of paying attention to what Mother Nature tells you downrange but it is a very useful tool.

Topstrap
Old 06-08-2021, 10:43 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i have a basic as well , you cant replace common sense , but they are a really great tool for the purpose ,