Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:30 PM
M289NL

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question KRG Midas 2-Stage Trigger

Hi Guys,

Is anyone running the KRG Midas 2-Stage Trigger in their Tikka T1x?

I'm seriously considering getting myself a T1x rifle (16" vs 20" still undecided...) and as I really want a 2-stage trigger, the Midas 2-stage trigger seems like the way to go for me
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
cahillxd

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have not tried one. I wasn’t aware KRG had a trigger for the Tikka.

Are you looking to run a suppressor? I have a 20 inch which shoots amazingly accurate but with the suppressor it is over 26” in barrel length.

I shoot bench mostly so the length isn’t an issue other than I don’t like the looks of the longgggg barrel.
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The factory trigger is outstanding. I see no reason to replace it on either of my T1x rifles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM
Messer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While I have never played with the KRG Midas trigger, I don't see the attraction.

The factory Tikka trigger adjusted down to a clean, crisp 1.5# on my rifle. If I need it lower, I can replace the spring for about $10.00.

The Midas tech info says... "Overall possible adjustment range of about 2lb-5+lbs though we do not support any setting lower than 2.5lbs in order to be compliant with SAAMI drop safe specs."

So - I don't see the need for this change.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer View Post
While I have never played with the KRG Midas trigger, I don't see the attraction.

The factory Tikka trigger adjusted down to a clean, crisp 1.5# on my rifle. If I need it lower, I can replace the spring for about $10.00.

The Midas tech info says... "Overall possible adjustment range of about 2lb-5+lbs though we do not support any setting lower than 2.5lbs in order to be compliant with SAAMI drop safe specs."

So - I don't see the need for this change.
The 2 lbs - 5+ lbs range and no lower than 2.5# spec is likely referring to the total weight for both stages. It might be possible to set it so the first stage is 2# and the second stage breaks with another 1/2# of force. At least that's what I assume. Otherwise you're right. What's the point?

Personally, I have no desire to change the trigger in my T1x at this point. Mine breaks nicely (no creep) at 1.5# with the factory spring. I just received another spring but I won't be swapping it out until I shoot it for awhile. I honestly think this is the best factory trigger I've ever had on any rimfire