Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Redhill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wally World 22 ammo levels way up!!!

I was looking for some items in Walmart and drifted over to the sporting goods section and found literally, hundreds and hundreds of Federal 550 packs and Federal 325 packs for $18.47 and $14.47.

The last time I saw levels this high was Pre-Hussein Obama !!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 PM
DRS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a box of Federal 550's for the same amount + tax at Wal-Mart this morning.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
hawkeye10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
I believe things are getting back to normal. I sure am glad!!! Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Model60Shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just wish the price of the 550 packs was back down to $13.47 like they were a year ago...
Old 06-30-2010, 05:07 PM
markush

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think it's still dependant on where you are. After they lifted their 6 box limit a few weeks ago i bought the last 19 boxes of their Federal Lighting. They haven't restocked it and they haven't had CCI Standard Velocity since Obamanation happen.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye10 View Post
Everything is back to normal except the price.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
blademan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I was at Gander Mtn. last week and they had lots of ammo also. I guess since the ammo companies finally got their prices where they want them, the flood gates are open. I think this entire ammo shortage fiasco was nothing more than a "consumer grease job" by the ammo companies. They were able to dump all their old stock, bad lots, factory seconds and raise pricing across the board all at the same time. What a rackett! Wonder when the "big wig" bonus checks are going out?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 PM
jcwit
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I was at Gander Mtn. last week and they had lots of ammo also. I guess since the ammo companies finally got their prices where they want them, the flood gates are open. I think this entire ammo shortage fiasco was nothing more than a "consumer grease job" by the ammo companies. They were able to dump all their old stock, bad lots, factory seconds and raise pricing across the board all at the same time. What a rackett! Wonder when the "big wig" bonus checks are going out?
Either that or there's a bunch of folks out there that finally got the credit cards maxed out.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
HotIce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
Either that or there's a bunch of folks out there that finally got the credit cards maxed out.
I say both, definitely
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 AM
KIMBERWHIP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to KIMBERWHIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye10 View Post
Yea, until DEC 2012.... LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think most people shop for price. And prior to WM's price increases, they had the best deals on several types of ammo. But now, WM's prices are very similar to those at the local gun shops or on-line sources.

Before WM's prices went up, I used to shop there for ammo with regularity. Now, I don't really find myself all that anxious to go there on an "ammo run". They still have reasonable prices, and I have bought ammo there a couple of times since the prices went up. But I'd say my WM ammo buying has dropped by about 95% since their prices went up.

I suspect I'm not the only one.

It's good to see a lot of ammo in the cases, but I'm not very motivated to buy anything.

If a lot of people feel the same way, then that alone could easily explain the higher levels of inventory at WM. Prices go up. Buying goes down.

The local gun stores here have had plenty of ammo all through the "ammo drought". It's just that their prices were a bit higher than WM. Now, the pricing is more comparable. WM's prices went up. The gun stores have lowered their prices on some items.

I can get CCI Mini Mags for the same price at one local gun store (only a few blocks from my house) as WM (6.49/100). And I have to drive right past them to get to the shooting range. Guess where I go when I want Mini Mags now!

Another gun store here has CCI Blazers for $20 per brick of ten 50 packs. Why not get those instead of the Fed Bulk for about the same price at WM?

Back when WM had unbeatable prices on some ammo, it probably was hard for them to keep that ammo on the shelves. Now that I've got plenty of equivalent options, I only buy ammo at WM if I already happen to be there for something else, AND I really want something that they've got that I can't get elsewhere for a better price.

I suspect there are a lot of different things at work here.

WM has a lot of clout. And I know they bully suppliers into giving them the prices WM wants. Perhaps the ammo companies were able to get the price increases they needed to get, and now they're releasing more ammo to WM. Beats me!

It would be interesting to see what WM ammo sales did, nationwide, when they increased their prices. Maybe I'm not representative of most people. But for me, my WM ammo buying has dropped enormously.

If the price isn't any better, and you have to wait for the "keymaster" and the clerks tend to drop the ammo on the floor, and they still have a six box limit here, then - well - you get the idea!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 AM
22bond

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I agreed w/Jim_WY.
After Walmart price increases, I slowed down a lot.

Then prices online started to come down and more available - even for the harder to fine 380/45.
So I started to buy online now.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
1894cfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Milpitas, Ca wally world is still kinda dry on rimfire and STILL has the 6 count limit!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:08 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Went to the Renton, WA wallyworld this morning. Got some Fed Auto Match, some Remmy SV Target to test, a couple of 550 wally-paks and some boxes of Fed 9mm (under $10/box).

Last trip about 3 weeks ago, I got Mini-mags and a variety of Winchesters to test. A couple of weeks before that they had a bunch of Fed 510B's (aka Fed Lightnings) for $1.47/box! (2 bricks into the cart!)

I'm quite pleased to see their ammo supply increasing, as it certainly adds quantity to my stash. Wallys is great for getting plinking and/or casual shooting ammo...I'm just off on a tangent with a new rifle looking for SV rounds to test for accuracy.

Frankly, I wish they'd increase the variety more. I can buy some really interesting stuff online but something in me balks at the shipping charges (nearly an extra six bux per brick if I buy 4 or 5 bricks on one order).

Unfortunately the gun shops that I've been to around here seem to be somewhat limited in selection and a bit overpriced...the last ammo I bought lately other than at wallys was a brick of Aguila SV's at the local gun show, and the price (happily) was less than I could get them for online

Old 07-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still no Fed 510s at two Wallmarts close to me in Florida. It's like they disappeared from the planet.