Drives License Heads UP - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:37 AM
lefty222
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Drives License Heads UP

As of October 1, 2020, your current driver's license will no longer be a real form of ID if it doesn't have a gold star in the upper right-hand corner without the star you cannot buy an airplane ticket enter Federal buildings or use it as ID in Canada to enter these places without the star on your license you need to show either a passport $165.00, passport ID card $35.00 or a new license with a star $11.00 plus reg. license fee, you will maybe need the star to ammo, to get a gold star on your license you have to show proof of who you are back to the 6 point system oh plus $11.00 dollars on top license fee, funny we had to do point system a couple of years back to get photo drives license all of a sudden your drives license is not a good form of ID anymore, l guess without the star you fall into the undocumented category l guess they gave out to meany drivers license to illegals without paperwork and now they don't know who is who.

The system is new at the DMV in NJ took me and my wife 4hrs just to renew
From what l know this will take place in the States

Look just under Auto Drivers License as to what it says now without the star. random license picture off google.
Attached Images
File Type: png NJ ID.PNG (314.3 KB, 383 views)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:29 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
75% (2)
Renewed mine on line in Ms. and the new license was mailed to me with the star on it. I didn`t have to prove who I was, and there was no up charge. That`s scary. Does Big Brother already know who I am????????
Old 01-29-2020, 10:36 AM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (127)
Kind of sloppy of your state to do it like that. Here in CA, I had to take my birth certificate, social security card, and my drivers license to the DMV, and they verified and copied them all. The process was very efficient compared to the last time I visited the DMV about twenty years ago, in and out in less than 45 minutes. I think it cost me $30.
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 11:17 AM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got my "gold star" at last renewal. Only problem was they required a copy of my birth certificate with a raised notarized seal stamped on it. Got it at the courthouse. Not a big issue as I can see where anyone could falsify a birth certificate easy now days.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:20 AM
rjferber

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just checked our Nebraska drivers licenses and both of our licenses have the gold star in the upper right hand corner which, we renewed last year. We also have Passport ID cards.
Which we have used as a form of ID. But this is the first I was aware of the DL requirement. Happy we are legal . . . But we donít travel that much.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:38 AM
tickridger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes I still have to do this here in Illinois. This should be interesting. I guess that is one way to put it.

John
Old 01-29-2020, 11:46 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Have mine already. Lisc. renewal had no added fees or regs./hoops to jump thru vs. previous and was renewed for six years. Have a passport too.

Who knows, it may even help prevent some of the deceased from voting too often. And I'm not enthused about on-line voting or mail-in ballots. If you are dead and able to vote, you should have little trouble standing in line to do so.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:48 AM
armabill
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I had trouble at first. I thought that I had everything that I needed as per Pa. driver's web site. I was wrong. I thought that I had a birth certificate but it turned out that I actually had a registration of birth. Not the same thing.

Also my social security card was removed/torn from the main card. It has to be attached, at least this is what Pa. requires.

Once I got all of that taken care of, it was only about 15 minutes at the counter. Of course they take your picture again and the new license is mailed to you.
Preparation ahead of time is the key in getting it. I don't plan on going on a plane anytime soon, but who knows?
Old 01-29-2020, 11:59 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Black star in Colorado, no extra documents or fees required. DMV just replaced our old ones during the last renewal. The Real ID law passed in 2005 and Homeland Security got serious about it in late 2013. So it's been going on for some time.

Looks like New Jersey has been one of the last holdouts. https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

Frank
Old 01-29-2020, 12:17 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So much for living in a free country. Reminds me of the old movies where an american spy in Russia would have to show ID papers at every corner. The whole point being Russia was shown as a police state. Well who is running a police state now? One man defeated the entire USA on one day called, 911. Home of the what? Land of the what?
Old 01-29-2020, 12:23 PM
98_1LE

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
If your license isn't compatible you can also use a passport for ID.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:04 PM
lefty222

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
l thought l was doing the right thing when l moved from New York to New Jersey, l guess l didn't go south far enough or west.

Ol shooter New Jersey wants to be like California a bunch of bleeding hearts.

I did get a blue star for being a veteran so I do have a star on my license wonder if that pull any weight, it's like being school again you get a star for good deeds.

Last edited by lefty222; 01-29-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:10 PM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The DMV didn't like my birth certificate so I drove across town to get a new copy. ID required to get the new BC? Old driver's license. That and 25 bucks.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch
Black star in Colorado, no extra documents or fees required. DMV just replaced our old ones during the last renewal. The Real ID law passed in 2005 and Homeland Security got serious about it in late 2013. So it's been going on for some time.
Yeah, Colorado pretty much ignored the law until 2013. At that point, they started redesigning the DL to exceed the requirements with raised scribing on the surface, an embedded negative of your photo, and a bunch of other crap. They didn't start issuing the new style DL until 2018.

The biggest change for me was when I renewed my license last year, I was issued a temporary paper DL and had to wait for the real one to be mailed to me. In the past, they made the "real" DL right there in the local DMV office. Not too big of a deal really, but I did have to give up my gig making phony DLs for the illegals.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:41 PM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
Yeah, Colorado didn't start issuing the new style DL until 2018.
Mine has all the new features. Issue date 10/2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
but I did have to give up my gig making phony DLs for the illegals.
That's a good money making hobby around here TE

I do like they started putting military service on them. I go for that extra 10% discount every chance I get

Frank

Last edited by LtCrunch; 01-29-2020 at 01:54 PM.