Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Smallbore matches

Always enjoyed shooting Rimfire, and several years ago I decided I wanted to start competing. Could never find any smallbore matches around me, so ended up shooting hipower. Been doing that fore awhile and got my badge. I am thinking about starting smallbore again. Still can't find any matches around. I live in East/Central Ohio. Only ones that show up are the regionals and nationals. Those would be great, but are there any smallbore matches besides those? Shooting hipower, I can usually find a match every week depending on how far I wanted to drive. Do smallbore shooters only compete in regional/national matches, and no matches at local club level? Thanks for any input.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:55 PM
bberg7794

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You might check with Champion Shooter's Supply in Utica. I think they would know of nearby clubs have an active smallbore program. I compete in a postal league during the winter, and there is a fantastic team from Albion, PA (don't know how far you are from them). There is also a team from Amboy, OH in our league. Smallbore is doing pretty well in western PA, or maybe all of PA, from what I read. There are a number of competitors/former competitors here on RFC who should be able to help. In my neighborhood of northern NY, there are a small number of local clubs that shoot during the winter indoors. I have to travel two to four hours to get to a competition (without going to Canada).

I also remembered reading this about a western, OH league:

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/...northern-ohio/

You can sometimes find smaller, more local competitions if you keep checking the SSUSA website for Coming Events.

Hope some of this helps. Would love to see smallbore get some more adult competitors.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 AM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Thanks for the reply and PM's. I have several leads and names of clubs to follow up on. I know of Champion Shooters Supply and have heard that Carl? is /was active in the Smallbore scene, but I haven't seen him for over a year.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:37 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
I know it’s too far for you, but there is a monthly Smallbore match in Pine Bluff, AR. About 8-10 shooters, $10 for the match to pay for targets and a small donation to the range.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:37 AM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
I know itís too far for you, but there is a monthly Smallbore match in Pine Bluff, AR. About 8-10 shooters, $10 for the match to pay for targets and a small donation to the range.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:01 AM
John45

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Try here too. http://www.wheretoshoot.org/
Old 03-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Yeah a "little" far for me, but would be great for anybody else that is close to that range and looking for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
I know itís too far for you, but there is a monthly Smallbore match in Pine Bluff, AR. About 8-10 shooters, $10 for the match to pay for targets and a small donation to the range.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John45 View Post
Wow, that kinda neat. Had no idea so many shotgun courses around me.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:46 PM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Once you make contact at a match or two, you will meet folks who know where other local shoots are. Should be some within reach, depending what you are interested in.
'Rimfire match' and 'smallbore match' mean different things to different people...everything from steel challenge to silhouette to f-class to three position shooting.

http://www.orcosportsmans.com/Pages/Ohioranges.htm

http://www.tuscorifle.org/

Last edited by PAndy; 03-09-2019 at 09:51 PM.