Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2021, 06:02 PM
JMynes
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Dr Gunner,

Should you choose to continue this extreme generosity, I think you should stop putting things in the kit that we can easily buy ourselves. Your unique creations (from what I read here) are very effective and useful, and the fact that you choose to share them as you do speaks volumes about your character. Let us pick up the tab on commercially available items.
In addition, I think you should be open to accepting “tips” from recipients of your gear, to help cover postage costs. Don’t carry the burden alone!

Thank you for your contributions to our little community.

Jim
Old 09-23-2021, 09:36 PM
briggleman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes View Post
Dr Gunner,

Should you choose to continue this extreme generosity, I think you should stop putting things in the kit that we can easily buy ourselves. Your unique creations (from what I read here) are very effective and useful, and the fact that you choose to share them as you do speaks volumes about your character. Let us pick up the tab on commercially available items.
In addition, I think you should be open to accepting “tips” from recipients of your gear, to help cover postage costs. Don’t carry the burden alone!

Jim

Jim, I absolutely was astounded by everything in the kit, even the care in how it was packaged. However what surprised me even more was the quality of those over the counter items. The brass brushes in the DrGunner kit were so much better made than those I have been purchasing. I did not think quality like that existed in such small items. His care and concern about what goes into a kit that he puts together shows in those very over the counter items! I for one am excited about every little piece that was in the kit. I will be looking for those brands from here on out. I think those kits are a sense of self and wanting to share. What ever DrGunner does with those kits in the future, I know one thing for sure….EVERYONE WILL WANT ONE!
Old 09-24-2021, 08:33 AM
premiumplus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dr. Gunner, this is very generous and I'm inspired by what you're doing. Please do enter me into the drawing.
Have a Blessed Day, sir!
Old 09-24-2021, 09:59 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggleman View Post
Mine arrived yesterday and upon opening it up....I just kept saying WOW every time I pulled out a packet, package, roll, box, etc. It felt like Christmas just kept coming over and over.

I used it for the first time today and all I can say is this is an eye opener. I have all kinds of fancy carbon, coated, aluminum, steel rods and cleaning kits but this one is the Cats MEOW! I feel like I can clean my 22's without worry or damage. My favorite rod is the Tipton MaxForce carbon cleaning rod (.17/.20) and this kit will just make it a perfect combo.

DrGunner, I very much appreciate this fantastic PIF. It was also fun in how you did the giveaway. You will see more PIF's from me also. So many things I have acquired are sitting on shelves or in boxes and need to be put to use.

Thank you again!
Glad it arrived safe & you’re happy with it- Hope you get years of use from the contents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMynes View Post
Dr Gunner,

Jim
This helps- Im considering posting a separate thread to discuss just this and running a poll to get the pulse of the masses & their opinions/motivations when they actually enter this giveaway. Then I thought, it really doesn’t matter, if I give them the irreplaceable bits they can choose to buy the rest or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggleman View Post

Jim, I absolutely was astounded by everything in the kit, even the care in how it was packaged. However what surprised me even more was the quality of those over the counter items. The brass brushes in the DrGunner kit were so much better made than those I have been purchasing. I did not think quality like that existed in such small items. His care and concern about what goes into a kit that he puts together shows in those very over the counter items! I for one am excited about every little piece that was in the kit. I will be looking for those brands from here on out. I think those kits are a sense of self and wanting to share. What ever DrGunner does with those kits in the future, I know one thing for sure….EVERYONE WILL WANT ONE!
To follow on the above reply to Jim-

That said, I’ve always sent the extra components because I’m very particular in the parts and materials that I use for a reason. I have tried pretty much everything available in patch material, brushes, trimmer line (source material, gauge, & fabrication process). My tools and the components they’re designed to work with are the culmination of decades of experimentation, tweaking, borescope observations and feedback from RFC members.
I include those components because they have been found to work best for me, and I want to ensure that the end user recipients realize the maximum benefit of my creations. I will still include a sample of felt pellets, patches & the Otis brushes. That HAS to be or the chamber scrubber simply won’t work as intended.

This is my conundrum- I can probably afford to send many more kits, perhaps 6-10 per raffle, if I limit the contents to button pullers, a single jag puller, patch dowel and chamber handle- Basically only include those items that are the hand made bits.
I then can only HOPE that end users will follow my recommendations and purchase the rest of the materials necessary to producing the full benefits of my designs.

Respectfully,

DrGunner
Old 09-24-2021, 11:49 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
That said, I’ve always sent the extra components because I’m very particular in the parts and materials that I use for a reason. I have tried pretty much everything available in patch material, brushes, trimmer line (source material, gauge, & fabrication process). My tools and the components they’re designed to work with are the culmination of decades of experimentation, tweaking, borescope observations and feedback from RFC members.
I include those components because they have been found to work best for me, and I want to ensure that the end user recipients realize the maximum benefit of my creations. I will still include a sample of felt pellets, patches & the Otis brushes. That HAS to be or the chamber scrubber simply won’t work as intended.

This is my conundrum- I can probably afford to send many more kits, perhaps 6-10 per raffle, if I limit the contents to button pullers, a single jag puller, patch dowel and chamber handle- Basically only include those items that are the hand made bits.
I then can only HOPE that end users will follow my recommendations and purchase the rest of the materials necessary to producing the full benefits of my designs.

Respectfully,

DrGunner
My thought, and if you go find a dollar or two it will then be worth a cup of coffee, I would certainly buy whatever materials were suggested to complete the kit and make best use of it. What is the point of getting it, whether by winning or purchasing, to then not make full and best use of it? I know, some wouldn't fill it out and that's just dumb on their part. My 2c. Thank you for being so generous.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:28 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB415 View Post
My thought, and if you go find a dollar or two it will then be worth a cup of coffee, I would certainly buy whatever materials were suggested to complete the kit and make best use of it. What is the point of getting it, whether by winning or purchasing, to then not make full and best use of it? I know, some wouldn't fill it out and that's just dumb on their part. My 2c. Thank you for being so generous.
My thoughts exactly but not everyone can afford the cleaning supplies that I recommend. Still- you make a valid point that I’m encouraged to hear- you’re not the first to affirm that you’d be happy with the essentials & purchase the rest.

As I said in a prior post, I will likely do a “Bare Bones”, tools only PIF this winter, with a larger number of winners.

DrG
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumplus View Post
Dr. Gunner, this is very generous and I'm inspired by what you're doing. Please do enter me into the drawing.
Have a Blessed Day, sir!
Sorry, you’re a BIT late to the party. Drawing was held on 9/17, winners posted in post 163, page 11 of this thread.

Stay tuned, I’ll likely run another raffle this winter, with some changes.

Simply put, kits will include less- only the hand made tools- but will be given to more winners.

DrGunner