cz75 sp01...all steel - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:15 PM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

I have an SP01 Shadow. Terrific shooter, but it occasionally doesn't want to feed the 147gr ammo I buy for all my other 9mm's. Still, great shooter. Very accurate, ergonomics are first-class.

But it is HEAVY. My game of choice is 2-gun Centerfire Biathlon, aka "Run n Gun." We carry rifle, pistol, ammo, and all gear on courses of 3-7 miles with 5-8 shooting stages. I started this game carrying a Glock, then switched to a Walther Q5. Both of those are lightweight polymer guns that ride well on the hip. I tried this with the CZ and immediately didn't like it. The CZ weighs nearly a pound more, which is No Bueno when running many miles with it on the belt.

But I still love my SP01. When I grow tired of using the striker guns in IDPA, I'll start using the CZ.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:20 PM
ivan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbiest View Post
Getting closer to buying the sp01. The local range is telling me to get the safety version cause it will be easier to do my own trigger work and it will be needed in the future if I get more involved in their competitions. Ive never done one but I want to. I believe the trigger blade will be the first thing Id change. The Shadow 2 blade was way more comfortable.
CDNN has had them on sale the past few days for $550ish
Old 03-30-2019, 10:27 AM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Just back on here and saw your post. Ordered one yesterday somewhere else and ending up 590.00 out the door which is still better than local.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:57 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All CZ pistols are wonderful reliable and accurate shooters. More than I can say of other 9mms I've fired. They are even better than a browning hi power Even the Aluminum frame models are wonderful and robust shooters.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:43 AM
MoMan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinco View Post
So did you get it OP?
So OP, did you get one? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Old 06-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I run a for fun steel target match and at this month's match a father and son were both shooting CZs, A TSO and a Shadow 2. I got to shoot the TSO and really liked it. Tried the Shadow 2's trigger in da and it was good, but the TSO's sa pull was great. So I started looking for a TSO in 9mm and found they are really hard to get. Yesterday at a gun shop that is 60 miles away they had both a TSO and a Shadow 2 that were already bought, but I got to handle them. If I wanted a TSO I would have to wait till one came in. However the guy that had the Shadow on layaway said I could buy it if I wanted to. So I did. Took it out today and only had time to fire 50 rds and it is very nice.

Now I have a Colt Gold Cup .45 and a Browning High Power that may need new homes.

Pat
Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone shoot the .22 conversion kit? If so, how do you like it and is it reliable?

Pat
Old 06-21-2019, 12:30 AM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pck View Post
Anyone shoot the .22 conversion kit? If so, how do you like it and is it reliable?

Pat
welcome,

You may want to start a new post with this question. Its sort of in line with CZ, but conversions can get off topic.

but to answer you question.

Yes i have them. All of them. along with many other conversions for other brands and makes of guns and rifles.

going from my bad memory my CZs are good, but if you are looking for 100% reliable, you maybe in for a disappointment. I think there are members that will say their Kadet runs 100%. I havent shot mine in a while and don't remember how "reliable" they are. Ive been playing with 22LRs for about 40 years now so ive seen alot and i still have alto more to see and experience.

My first conversion if you want to call it was the Colt ACE. its the 1911 made as a 22LR. I didnt get the conversion , i bought it as a full blown 22LR in the 1911 frame. After that it was more conversions when and where i could buy them.

But in general conversion kits can be picky and fickle. IF you are new to 22LR, Rimfires arent so great at feeding from magazines due to the design. Yes you can get them to feed great, but you may have to work at it.

There was even some guy that made a full auto minigun in 22LR but iirc, the magazine was a helical design like the Calicos.

if you want to play with 22s and conversion, you may want to just buy and try and see how it goes. If you want 100% reliable then use that as your golden standard and do what you want, when you dont achieve that standard or if you do, great.

fyi, the front part of the rails on the kadet kit is made oversize so that you will or may need to remove material from that spot and have a tight fit on your gun. it adds to the accuracy not haveing the slide wobble during the function. So if you decide to get one, just be aware of that.

There is a Kadet II kit out now too, but i dont have one. so not sure if it still need the same attention.

The other kits i didnt have to deal with any fitting on my CZs. but YMMV.

I like and buy 22LR conversions since i like them as a toy and concept. Subcalibers kits are cool imo. you need to think that a gun that works with CF ammo will now need to work with 22RF ammo. What will it take to do that? What if you took a 22LR gun and make a CF conversion. Would the CF power beatup the RF gun/frame? somethings need to be address for things to work.

Last edited by bangbang; 06-21-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:37 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for your insight Bangbang. I will have to think about it and maybe look into it.

Pat
Old 09-12-2021, 01:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pck View Post
I run a for fun steel target match and at this month's match a father and son were both shooting CZs, A TSO and a Shadow 2. I got to shoot the TSO and really liked it. Tried the Shadow 2's trigger in da and it was good, but the TSO's sa pull was great. So I started looking for a TSO in 9mm and found they are really hard to get. Yesterday at a gun shop that is 60 miles away they had both a TSO and a Shadow 2 that were already bought, but I got to handle them. If I wanted a TSO I would have to wait till one came in. However the guy that had the Shadow on layaway said I could buy it if I wanted to. So I did. Took it out today and only had time to fire 50 rds and it is very nice.

Now I have a Colt Gold Cup .45 and a Browning High Power that may need new homes.

Pat
Yeah the TSO is one heck of a pistol but it should at 3x the price of a plain jane cz 75. The upside is you will be shooting it all the time and the other pistols will be sitting in safe. I recently purchased one as i like a finely made pistol that has had some individual hand fitting in its manufacture. The trigger is a dream with just a hint of takeup and a clean break. 3 20 round magazines you better have a ample supply of 9mm on hand. Very excited to have had the chance to purchase this pistol. I always wanted a colt gold cup, but i do have 2 browning hi powers they are staying here for the fore seeable future.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:10 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The TSO is a fine gun. I got the Shadow 2 because it was in stock and it uses standard CZ 75 mags. It shoots better than I can. I am satisfied. Enjoy the TSO.