2019 Shawnee Squirrel Hunt - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:31 AM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)

Come on! It is a grand experience. This fall will be my 14th. Any questions you have will be answered. Now as to whether they are the right answers or the answers you want to hear, wellllll....lol.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 AM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
It will be great to have you there Mo! Bring good beer! Also bring whatever musical instrument you play.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 PM
CCCXI
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMan View Post
Howdy Folks,
Looks like Ol' MO may be able to make this hunt this fall. I haven't been able to make it in the past, as we normally have Folks down visiting the week of the hunt. I spoke with our Friends, and looks like they are not going to be coming in until October this year. I read EVERY post leading up to, and then after the hunts, and I'm really excited to get there this year, and meet some new Folks.

Shawnee is less than 2 hours from my place, so it certainly is an easy enough lift for me to get there.

I haven't "camped out" in about 25 years, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm sure I will have some questions so I am sure I am properly prepared.
MoMan, I know how you feel. I've been wanting to attend the Shawnee Squirrel Hunt ever since I found out about it. Something always gets in the way, usually that four letter word "work". This year is looking pretty good so far, though. I'll be in Louisville for the week leading up to the hunt, and I think the best strategy might be to pack my hunting and camping stuff and go straight to Shawnee from there. Because if I go home in between I'm afraid inertia might set in after a hard week.

Where do you shoot in WKY? I usually go to Shooter's in Paducah or KY Regulators in Boaz. Maybe I'll run into you at the range sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 08:32 PM
MoMan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCXI View Post
MoMan, I know how you feel. I've been wanting to attend the Shawnee Squirrel Hunt ever since I found out about it. Something always gets in the way, usually that four letter word "work". This year is looking pretty good so far, though. I'll be in Louisville for the week leading up to the hunt, and I think the best strategy might be to pack my hunting and camping stuff and go straight to Shawnee from there. Because if I go home in between I'm afraid inertia might set in after a hard week.

Where do you shoot in WKY? I usually go to Shooter's in Paducah or KY Regulators in Boaz. Maybe I'll run into you at the range sometime.
I'm a member at Regulators in Boaz. I also shoot at my Buddy's place out in the county.

I'm really looking forward to making this trip. It'll be good to meet some new Folks. I've only been down here for almost 4 years, so it'll be great to meet some Folks.

MO
Old 04-08-2019, 11:51 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Hey Mo and 311, if you have any questions just ask me or Squacks. Don't ask Reb, the truth ain't in him. Anyone that spent a career as a teacher in the public school system just can't be right in the head. Now Crowfeather could be a good source of information, but he hasn't been right since he had a fall in bustass holler. Harv (Nobody) could help, but you'd have to make sure he has his hearing aids in before you ask him anything.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:30 PM
MoMan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
Hey Mo and 311, if you have any questions just ask me or Squacks. Don't ask Reb, the truth ain't in him. Anyone that spent a career as a teacher in the public school system just can't be right in the head. Now Crowfeather could be a good source of information, but he hasn't been right since he had a fall in bustass holler. Harv (Nobody) could help, but you'd have to make sure he has his hearing aids in before you ask him anything.
ER, UM,... O.K., Got it SARGE (I think!! )!!

MO
Old 04-09-2019, 09:46 PM
headspaced
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
meeting new folks

Mo, don't get your hopes up about meeting new folks at the Shawnee. When I was there everybody was fairly Old! A few were still in their prime tho. They are an eclectic and diverse assemblage suitable for nearly anything. and Probably capable of same.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 AM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Hey, I resemble that remark. Not the old one, but the one about being in my prime. I am a veritable paragon of youthful vitality. Sarge and I share those virtues. Now, guys like Keeper of the Dew, Rusty Nuts, Corey, and Frank Buck are older than mud. Headspaced is so old his sagacity( not so gassy) is considered on par with the likes of Socrates, Mark Twain( or maybe that is Shania Twain) and others known for possessing great wisdom.

Last edited by reb henderson; 04-10-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:24 AM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMan View Post
ER, UM,... O.K., Got it SARGE (I think!! )!!

MO
Pay no attention to Sarge when he talks about me. He has been jealous for years of my naturally good looks and keen intellect. He is right though, 30 plus years in the teaching business tends to warp ones views about things.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 AM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
P 30 plus years in the teaching business tends to warp ones views about things.
And also makes you fat and bald headed. I may be fat also, but I'm not bald headed. And don't say you wore your hair off on the head board.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:40 PM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
And don't say you wore your hair off on the head board.
I wasn't, but did. Solar panel for a love machine.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:23 PM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
HA!!! Good one!!!
Old 04-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm kinda surprised that y'all haven't gone into cahoots with each other and sold your combined pheromones to some fancy designer perfume outfit.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:59 PM
MoMan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm starting to rethink this whole,.... being in the woods, with you guys!

I think I'm going to need GREAT quantities of beer to get through the trauma of that weekend, AND some therapy after I get back home!!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:09 PM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Remember Mo; good beer!!