Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin 2000L magazine conversion

I recently purchased a Marlin 2000L, but it did not come with the biathlon kit that converted the rifle from single shot to magazine fed. After researching it seems the kit can't be ordered any longer and would not be easy to locate.

I read in another thread (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394150&highlight=Marlin+2000) about someone who can modify the original rail to accept a magazine and also mills a mag release button.

However, I'm in the middle of a 4P 50ft indoor league so shipping the original rail wasn't an option. I checked Numrich and found the original rail was still available, so the plan was born: order another original rail and send it to Russ Roeder for modification.

Russ did a great job, as you can see in the following pictures.

Here is the original rail:

Here is a close-up of the modified rail and mag release button:

Here is the new rail installed (you can see the bottom of the plastic single-shot adapter):

And here is the result with a 10-round magazine:

Hope to get to the range in the next few days to see how the 10-round magazine functions in the 2000L.

Thanks, Russ!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn View Post
I recently purchased a Marlin 2000L, but it did not come with the biathlon kit that converted the rifle from single shot to magazine fed. After researching it seems the kit can't be ordered any longer and would not be easy to locate.

I read in another thread (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394150&highlight=Marlin+2000) about someone who can modify the original rail to accept a magazine and also mills a mag release button.

However, I'm in the middle of a 4P 50ft indoor league so shipping the original rail wasn't an option. I checked Numrich and found the original rail was still available, so the plan was born: order another original rail and send it to Russ Roeder for modification.

Russ did a great job, as you can see in the following pictures.

Here is the original rail:

Here is a close-up of the modified rail and mag release button:

Here is the new rail installed (you can see the bottom of the plastic single-shot adapter):

And here is the result with a 10-round magazine:

Hope to get to the range in the next few days to see how the 10-round magazine functions in the 2000L.

Thanks, Russ!
I am curious how much did Russ charge to convert your rail he did a fantastic job. I did mine myself and it turned out ok (lot of trial and error for the button)
I didn't know someone was doing this conversion work
Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Gogreenman
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I want that green stock!!
whree can i get one???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 AM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
He charges $50 to alter the rail and create the button.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As far as I know that is the standard laminate stock for the 2000L. The 2000 and 2000A models had a blue composite stock.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Gogreenman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
As far as I know that is the standard laminate stock for the 2000L. The 2000 and 2000A models had a blue composite stock.
would it fit a model25?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogreenman View Post
would it fit a model25?
Unfortunately I don't know. This is the first gun I've ever owned so my knowledge is very limited.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Unhappy

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't know. This is the first gun I've ever owned so my knowledge is very limited.
If you are asking about a 2000 stock fitting a Model 25 action the answer would be not without a lot of reworking the stock. the 2000 action has 2- action screws thats problem #1 the M-25 has only 1 action screw and the action screw lug is mounted on the receiver problem #2. where as the 2000 has 1-dovetailed on the barrel and the second one is actually the front trigger guard screw. the only way I see being able to utilize a 2000 stock is filling in the inletting and re-inletting it for a 25 action you are talking lots of work.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Gogreenman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
yea thats kinda what I was thinking, i took a huge plunge and trimed and painted my stock today. put an angle on the front of it and primed it for paint. when I went to add the color i found that I like the grey primer color so i just did a kinda green fade type thing. also primed the scope. we'll see how it turns out. still needs a few more coats of clear.

oh also took a stab at adding a homemade monopod to the buttstock.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Big Shrek
US Army Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
would it fit a model25?
Easier to get a 25N or one of the magnums to fit...which is what the 2000 grew from...
but as mentioned above, you'd need a second stock/action screw and a few other mods...
the Glenfield 25 is a total no-go.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM
mlbrenner
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Halp!

How do I get a hold of this Russ Roeder guy?
I need this modifictaion!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:37 PM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Check PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrenner View Post
How do I get a hold of this Russ Roeder guy?
I need this modifictaion!!!
I sent you a PM with his email.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
jmikeb653

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I want that green stock!!
whree can i get one???
I went about my conversion a little differently. I took advantage of Boyds recent sale on Heavy Bbl 8/900 series stocks [ $74.00 ] Dremelled a slot for the rear sight, shortened up a new front action screw from my junk bin, added an Anchutz bolt knob from D.I.P [ part# 16011 $21.97] and am happy with the result. The action dropped right in with no mods necessary other than for the Peep. All that is missing is a 15/16ths mag plate and a couple of screws that i'll add to my next order from Numrichs. Here are a few pics, Jim

Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM
r1rn04
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
blue stock

you want to sell that blue stock?, and where are you guys getting 10 round mags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikeb653 View Post
I went about my conversion a little differently. I took advantage of Boyds recent sale on Heavy Bbl 8/900 series stocks [ $74.00 ] Dremelled a slot for the rear sight, shortened up a new front action screw from my junk bin, added an Anchutz bolt knob from D.I.P [ part# 16011 $21.97] and am happy with the result. The action dropped right in with no mods necessary other than for the Peep. All that is missing is a 15/16ths mag plate and a couple of screws that i'll add to my next order from Numrichs. Here are a few pics, Jim

Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
sjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1rn04 View Post
you want to sell that blue stock?, and where are you guys getting 10 round mags?
I got mine at Gander Mountain, but they show out of stock right now. Same one is available at multiple locations, but the cost varies. It's supposed to work with Marlin bolt actions, but I haven't had a chance to verify it yet.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ction_Magazine
Closed Thread