Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-03-2019, 02:07 PM
ckzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Questions about the BL-22 trigger

The manual for my new BL-22 (manufactured in 2019) says, "The BL-22 trigger is of the two-stage design for added safety." However, to my trigger finger the trigger feels like a one-stage, i.e., I cannot sense two stages in the pull. Can someone explain what I'm failing to understand?

The manual also says, "Load the chamber by cycling ... the lever ... ." Then, "Unless shooting is imminent, immediately lower the hammer to the dropped position." The manual says numerous times to carry the rifle with the hammer down, never in the half cocked position. There is no assurance that a blow on the hammer can't fire the chambered round. Does this rifle have a mechanism to keep the hammer from moving the firing pin if the trigger isn't pulled? Just curious; for safety, I always carry lever actions with an empty chamber or a fired round in the chamber.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:26 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Bl-22 trigger may be a '2 stage' while in fact it's just really bad and I love and own several.
Here's a fix: https://sbgwllc.myshopify.com/produc...l22-tuning-kit

Be forewarned it'll never be a great trigger but this kit helps.

As far as the hammer goes, I carry mine at half cock however I don't carry it far. I assume it's got a hammer block and to be safe I'd carry it hammer down.

Here's some reading: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=826922
Old 12-03-2019, 10:10 PM
Flintlock28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzoom View Post
The manual for my new BL-22 (manufactured in 2019) says, "The BL-22 trigger is of the two-stage design for added safety." However, to my trigger finger the trigger feels like a one-stage, i.e., I cannot sense two stages in the pull. Can someone explain what I'm failing to understand?

The manual also says, "Load the chamber by cycling ... the lever ... ." Then, "Unless shooting is imminent, immediately lower the hammer to the dropped position." The manual says numerous times to carry the rifle with the hammer down, never in the half cocked position. There is no assurance that a blow on the hammer can't fire the chambered round. Does this rifle have a mechanism to keep the hammer from moving the firing pin if the trigger isn't pulled? Just curious; for safety, I always carry lever actions with an empty chamber or a fired round in the chamber.
From what I remember, the trigger has a Roll Pin that you can see runs from side to side. When you first actuate the trigger, you'll see there is some play before the pin actually engages it's sides. This slop, is a type of "Poor Man's First stage", therefore, it's a type of two stage, not a true two stage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 09:15 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
BL-22 Two-Stage Trigger

Old 12-04-2019, 09:22 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckzoom View Post

I've never checked, but for this statement to be true, the BL-22 must have an inertial firing pin. Next time I have mine apart, I will check to see if the firing pin protrudes from the bolt face when the hammer is pushed flush to the bolt, such as when the hammer is laying flat on the firing pin.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:50 PM
ckzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you

Thank you to those who replied to my questions. Your sharing your wisdom is much appreciated.