Tell me about Constitutional Carry..... - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:21 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Go with the traffic flow and obey all traffic laws in states that do not honor your state's right to carry IME.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:00 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I, for one, think a permit should be required to conceal carry. There are too many nimrods with no firearm experience. Weed out the ones that don't want to invest time to train or learn imo.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:53 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Go with the traffic flow and obey all traffic laws in states that do not honor your state's right to carry IME.
That's pretty good advice for everybody all the time Al! Never ceases to amaze me how many drug mules get busted on the highway for speeding/driving erratically or busted headlights and taillights. I mean come on, Crime School 101, "Obey all laws except the one you're breaking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
I, for one, think a permit should be required to conceal carry. There are too many nimrods with no firearm experience. Weed out the ones that don't want to invest time to train or learn imo.
I'm with you OldWolf, at least a modicum of training for anyone that wants to carry a firearm in public. Make the classes free paid for with Pittman-Robertson funds so poor people don't get shut out but everybody take a class before carrying. Doesn't guarantee there won't be NDs but it'd be better than nothing.

Frank
Old 10-31-2019, 10:03 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Once a nimrod always a nimrod, trained or not

in Indiana a carry, open or concealed ,permit requires a couple of checks, a form ,fingerprints a half day of your time,and waiting 60 days. No training required.

But we weed them out by not requiring helmets
Old 10-31-2019, 11:32 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
That's how it is in NC at this time. Take a class, apply for permit, take fingerprints, plus the sheriff department checks mental health records and conducts a criminal background check.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:22 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Works real well with vehicle licenses and driver training, totally prevents crimes committed with vehicles and keeps crazies off the road. Keeps our highways and byways completely safe.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:29 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Works real well with vehicle licenses and driver training, totally prevents crimes committed with vehicles and keeps crazies off the road. Keeps our highways and byways completely safe.

Imagine the chaos if anyone could without any training at all jump behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:09 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I donít know what the answer is but Iíve had folks over to shoot who have CPLís. My berm is 8í high, with the pistols they carry from 7 yards they were hitting the last 10Ē of the berm

Rich
Old 10-31-2019, 04:28 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Imagine the chaos if anyone could without any training at all jump behind the wheel of a vehicle.
A one-mile trip down any public highway or street will reveal that has already happened. Seems to me the majority of people get instruction on how to operate the controls of the vehicle but nothing at all on DRIVING.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heres the real question, is it legal to fire a gun when youre on a cell phone?
Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Heres the real question, is it legal to fire a gun when youre on a cell phone?
Iíve shot at least a half dozen cell phones...........quite gratifying ;-)

Rich
Old 11-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here in Florida you can carry in the car's glove box or keep in your residence without a permit. If you want to carry as an EDC it requires a state issued permit. Gotta go to an approved class, get finger prints and a background check for the permit...and pay for it. You have to renew every 7 yrs and they do another background check. Last time I renewed they had a bogus (somebody else) arrest on my record from 1969 which took almost a yr to resolve.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:27 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yea! That!
Old 11-03-2019, 05:47 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
But not all States that require a permit or license require training or proof of knowledge and any ability. My state is $20 and a background check and away you go. Definitely room for improvement there.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
In MA we are required to take a class or series of classes that are taught by an NRA and state certified instructor. After you take your class (at least IME and people I know) you have to wait a month or so for all your certificates to come in the mail. Once you have all your certificates you can go to your local PD and get the forms you need to fill out. Then you have to make an appointment to meet the officer who processes your application. They run your record and take all your prints. They then send it to the chief and he decides whether or not to issue it. Once the chief has approved it is sent to the state for approval. This process can take anywhere from 3 - 9 months before you finally get your LTC (License To Carry) delivered back to your local PD. When I initially got my permit years ago they told me 60 - 90 days. It took 8 months. I called the PD once a week to see if it had come in. They kept telling me they would call when they got it. So I didn't call for about 5 weeks only to finally call again and be told it had been in for 3 weeks. After that your gtg. Just have to go back and renew every 5 years and pay $100. I won't get into background checks when you actually go to buy a firearm.