Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:10 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkd View Post
So, how many 457's have you bought?
So What does that have to do with my opinion ?

with all the great changes CZ has made for us....it should be pretty easy to understand how much better the 457 is over the 455 model.

Signalman
Old 09-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4B1DM4U53 View Post
The way CZ makes and attaches the barrel has not changed from the 455. It's the same accuracy lottery as before, so if you're happy with your 455, odds are you'll be likewise pleased with the 457.

Forgive me for being fussy

I would send that rifle back, or rebarrel it or something. Obviously you can't keep it as it is.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:18 PM
longislandloco
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LOL........and when they make a 459.........we'll start all over again.....just human nature.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:29 PM
WinchesterXColt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdm103 View Post
YES!!! WinchesterXColt!!!! By ALL means, post your upcoming shooting results of your 457!! This is exactly the information I am interested in! To see factory accuracy results.

Drdm103, I will indeed post up results this weekend. In the meantime, I'll upload pictures from my past weekend so you can see what is representative of my gun with less than 200 rds and some wind and my ability. Although, I believe I can do better. Also today I picked up some Midas plus to try. So, I'm gonna be shooting some more lapua center x, midas, sk rifle match, sk standard and federal gold medal match. Anyways, here's hoping the wind isn't descent.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 PM
WinchesterXColt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I have done this correctly, the two images from the past weekend are a couple of my best. I was surprised to see how well SK standard shot at 50 yds.

Apparently I have not done this right, but is it possible to upload pictures from my computer?

Thanks

Last edited by WinchesterXColt; 09-14-2020 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Can't upload pictures
Old 09-14-2020, 10:04 PM
wkd
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
So What does that have to do with my opinion ?

with all the great changes CZ has made for us....it should be pretty easy to understand how much better the 457 is over the 455 model.

Signalman
You seem to be basing your opinion on the word of others, some of which are not so great.
How can you promote a product without personal use of said product?
If they are all that great why do you own none of them?

Last edited by wkd; 09-14-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:49 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkd View Post
You seem to be basing your opinion on the word of others, some of which are not so great.
How can you promote a product without personal use of said product?
If they are all that great why do you own none of them?
Well if you knew how many CZs I already own plus CZs are the most popular firearm on this sight and if there was a major problem everybody and his brother would know about it.

There are plenty of members on here that love their CZ rifles and there is not a a day that goes by that someone is bragging about their rifle. I have gone through the high lift bolts on the 452 and 455 models, the different rail sizes between 452 models, the non removable Tangent Rear sight base, the different models some with recoil pads and others without, the triggers on the 452s which are not as easy to adjust as the new 457 models. The low bolt lift on the 457 so I don't have to try three different ring heights to mount the scopes on my CZ rifles.

You should know that CZ has gone from the 452s to the 455s and now has the 457 which has fixed many of the past problems the earlier models had...plus some real nice improvements.

I am here to help members get what they need and the main reason I have not bought any 457s is because I don't need to I have 16 different CZ rifles which most of them are rimfire models which include Fullstocks, Trainer, Lux, Varmint and Americans...and now is not a good time for me to buy toys...I have five daughters (Adopted one) and some of them have lost their job due to the Corona Virus, one in college that takes up most for my fun money...and my wife died. So I don't have the money I use to have.

So how many CZs do you own and how many are lemons????

anyway I think I have enough of them to know how CZs are.

Signalman
Old 09-15-2020, 05:34 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
wkd appears to be a provocateur, which is cool. I own three 457's now and no problems. CZ like most mid priced makers has a clinker once in a while, some folks latch on to that to bad mouth them. Their overall quality has been proven over decades.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:02 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinchesterXColt View Post
Apparently I have not done this right, but is it possible to upload pictures from my computer?

Thanks
Yes by clicking the paper clip icon in the reply page header. RFC has a Test Forum towards the bottom of the main page to practice and get more, better, advice/help.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 AM
WinchesterXColt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Yes by clicking the paper clip icon in the reply page header. RFC has a Test Forum towards the bottom of the main page to practice and get more, better, advice/help.
Thank you sir, apparently as a new user for 24-48 hours I was unable to upload anything and had seen it said I was not allowed to upload attachments. Anyways, I see the paper clip thing now and appears to be working. We shall see shortly.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2020, 10:31 AM
WinchesterXColt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdm103 View Post
YES!!! WinchesterXColt!!!! By ALL means, post your upcoming shooting results of your 457!! This is exactly the information I am interested in! To see factory accuracy results.

These are my best groups from this past weekend with the CZ 457 Varmint Pro. Sk Standard at 50 yds and Lapua Center X at 100yds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sk Standard 50yds.jpg (71.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg LapuaCenterX100yds.jpg (78.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by WinchesterXColt; 09-15-2020 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fixed
Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4B1DM4U53 View Post
The way CZ makes and attaches the barrel has not changed from the 455. It's the same accuracy lottery as before, so if you're happy with your 455, odds are you'll be likewise pleased with the 457.

Forgive me for being fussy

I am sorry to deviate from the original posters information and question.

R4B1DM4U53 Sir, I have taken the time to search your photos and targets. You seem to have an American of some model CZ as well as a Full Stock possibly CZ 455's.

From your targets I see your 455 with a Lilja Barrel not CZ. Target at 50 yards grouping .485 to 1.001.

Another target with Lapua Center X, .791 - 2.889 inch at 50 yards.
Another target with Lapua Midas +, .850 - 2.500 inch at 50 yards

I do believe you have other issues with your firearms that may not be related to the barrels or CZ in any way. If you are able to go from CZ to Lilja and suffer basically the same issues. Please check your scope, screws and how you work with your rifles in general. There is something else going on for you.

Last edited by cz453; 09-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:25 AM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Well if you knew how many CZs I already own plus CZs are the most popular firearm on this sight and if there was a major problem everybody and his brother would know about it.

There are plenty of members on here that love their CZ rifles and there is not a a day that goes by that someone is bragging about their rifle. I have gone through the high lift bolts on the 452 and 455 models, the different rail sizes between 452 models, the non removable Tangent Rear sight base, the different models some with recoil pads and others without, the triggers on the 452s which are not as easy to adjust as the new 457 models. The low bolt lift on the 457 so I don't have to try three different ring heights to mount the scopes on my CZ rifles.

You should know that CZ has gone from the 452s to the 455s and now has the 457 which has fixed many of the past problems the earlier models had...plus some real nice improvements.

I am here to help members get what they need and the main reason I have not bought any 457s is because I don't need to I have 16 different CZ rifles which most of them are rimfire models which include Fullstocks, Trainer, Lux, Varmint and Americans...and now is not a good time for me to buy toys...I have five daughters (Adopted one) and some of them have lost their job due to the Corona Virus, one in college that takes up most for my fun money...and my wife died. So I don't have the money I use to have.

So how many CZs do you own and how many are lemons????

anyway I think I have enough of them to know how CZs are.

Signalman
Beautiful CZ rifles. Would you want to sell the one you like least so you could buy a 457? Might be like parting with a friend and then there's deciding which one.

Hope to go to Dahlonega Armory next week. Could be a good trip.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:37 AM
melglass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinchesterXColt View Post
These are my best groups from this past weekend with the CZ 457 Varmint Pro. Sk Standard at 50 yds and Lapua Center X at 100yds
You got you a winner. Mine like Standard+ too a 50 Shooting in the .3s but at 100 it shoots just over an inch. Guess i need to get back around to testing ammo with it. Most of my shooting with my PV is playing around off of various rest and offhand.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:53 AM
WinchesterXColt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melglass View Post
You got you a winner. Mine like Standard+ too a 50 Shooting in the .3s but at 100 it shoots just over an inch. Guess i need to get back around to testing ammo with it. Most of my shooting with my PV is playing around off of various rest and offhand.
Do you also have a Varmint pro or different setup? I'm going to try SK Match, Midas Plus, and some more of the same this coming weekend. But I have lightened my trigger up to around 13-14 ounces, so that may help me be a bit more consistent possibly. Wind wasn't the best last weekend, so hopefully it'll be better this coming Saturday.