Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 AM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

kixonrt66:

You may find that recoil makes the grip tear at your skin. I have a 14 inch 223 barrel for mine and have had a 44 mag barrel at one time and the recoil from the TC can get rather big and hurt. While they are not very elegant the Pachmayer rubber pistol grips are most certainly the most comfortable to shoot. The worst case of shoulder bruising I ever got from a gun, and I have some pretty big guns, was the TC configured as a rifle in 30/30. The light weight of the gun just did my shoulder in.

LDBennett
Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
kixonrt66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBennett View Post
kixonrt66:

You may find that recoil makes the grip tear at your skin. I have a 14 inch 223 barrel for mine and have had a 44 mag barrel at one time and the recoil from the TC can get rather big and hurt. While they are not very elegant the Pachmayer rubber pistol grips are most certainly the most comfortable to shoot. The worst case of shoulder bruising I ever got from a gun, and I have some pretty big guns, was the TC configured as a rifle in 30/30. The light weight of the gun just did my shoulder in.

LDBennett

Thanks LDBennett,

I'll only be shooting this gun in .22LR, so recoil will not be an issue. Thanks for the centerfire recoil information though, it's good to know these things.

Kix
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Lame Rabbit

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
The photo says it all

While I can't speak about those fine carved stock parts, I will point out that the photos are of an "easy open" frame. The way one can tell is by the pivot pin that goes through the trigger. Older versions don't have a trigger pin, what they have is another pin that is covered by the fore stock, just under the main barrel pin/bolt? Moving the cocking/pivot pin closer to the rear of the frame made them easy to open, and so they became the easy open frames....

Anyway, when you looking to buy another frame, and you will, (Contenders are addictive), look for that pin just above the trigger. I also, had an older version that I had T/C convert to an “easy open” model, however, when they sent it back there was no trigger over travel screw…… Needless I complained to T/C about this and they told me that” they don’t do that anymore.” However, I send it back a second time, and had to wait two or three months, but they finally put in the over travel screw.

Jim
Old 08-28-2020, 12:04 AM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
The same barrels fit both, so I don't see enough difference to worry over. I know the original Contender trigger is adjustable, but the trigger on my G2 was really crisp. It really surprised me. I had intended to send it off to a smith to get a trigger pull like my G1, but I was totally happy with the G2 trigger out of the box. My preference in a carbine is the G2, because I like the monte carlo stock better.

This!!!!!!!++++ 👉 💯 percent