Closest to HS Supermatic Trophy?? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:04 AM
orthodoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Closest to HS Supermatic Trophy??

I had an HS Supermatic Trophy back in the '80s. Sadly sold it or traded for something I just had to have. Question, which of the currently produced .22 pistols is most like the old HS? I currently have a Ruger MK III target, and a Browning Buckmark threaded.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:08 AM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nothing is close to the High Standard. You can get a good used one but the pistols made now days are not similar to a H-S.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:56 AM
FuzzyVision

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can buy a new production pistol that is the direct lineage of the old High Standard company, and it is based on the classic design.

https://highstandardfirearmsusa.com/custom-models
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2020, 02:28 PM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NEW 10-X clone of the Hi Std target pistols

The original Connecticut High Standard Company closed shop over three decades ago. The name and engineering was bought by investors and the High Standard Company was re-setup in Houston Texas in the 1990ís, I believe. That company was closed a few years back after about two decades of operation eventually making guns very equivalent to the Connecticut guns. The guy behind it, Alan Aronstein, helped his former employees set up a company that makes basically the same gun but without the Hi Std identity. The new gun has gotten good reviews and was a custom type gun (pre-order only?) . Supposedly Alan is helping them get into a production situation and they supposedly have moved back into the Houston Hi Std deserted plant.

The gun goes by the 10-X handle and is a real target pistol based on the decades of experience Alan Aronstein got from the Houston version of the Hi Std Company that he use to run. Alan was a hands on manager and was the force that brought the Texas version into the real world manufacturing of today. But struggles within the company lead to his fairly recent dismissal The result was, closely thereafter, of bankruptcy, just a few years ago.

Contact Alan at interarmstx.com for the details of the 10-X gun. If I already didnít have three Hi Std pistol, Iíd pickup one of these new clones in a heart beat.

LDBennett
Old 04-01-2020, 08:19 AM
HSWayne
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
X-Series pistols

LD, the OFM pistols are termed X-Series and are not marked 10-X.

Last edited by HSWayne; 04-01-2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:22 AM
LDBennett

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry about the confusion of names. I have not been actively following these pistol much beyond Alan's posts here. I'll try to remember that nomenclature in the future. I suppose 10-X is copyright protected or something like that (??). But the "X Series" name certainly guides your thoughts to Hi Std pistols!

Does anyone who reports here have a X Series pistol that they could review for us?

LDBennett
Old 04-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Owned a Trophy Olympic style in the past but it was a hopeless jam-o-matic; still wish I would have kept it though just to look at as it was awesome in that regard.
I consider my Scorpion and Volquartsen Masters more than close to it, downright better in every way except looks.
Would not trade my Pardini SP for all three.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:26 AM
groundhogsniper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
I had an HS Supermatic Trophy back in the '80s. Sadly sold it or traded for something I just had to have. Question, which of the currently produced .22 pistols is most like the old HS? I currently have a Ruger MK III target, and a Browning Buckmark threaded.
I would suggest a Smith & Wesson model 41.
I own a 41 and also a couple of older High Standards.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:25 AM
hamden

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBennett View Post
Sorry about the confusion of names. I have not been actively following these pistol much beyond Alan's posts here. I'll try to remember that nomenclature in the future. I suppose 10-X is copyright protected or something like that (??). But the "X Series" name certainly guides your thoughts to Hi Std pistols!

Does anyone who reports here have a X Series pistol that they could review for us?

LDBennett
Not a whole pistol. But I have an X Series barrel from Alan. It shoots well on a 107 frame. From the Ranson it grouped under 1" at 50yds with good ammo.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:44 AM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBennett View Post
LDBennett
RFC member MikeMyers bought one of the new X-Series pistols:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1184189

Last edited by LoneWolfSS454; 05-01-2020 at 04:48 AM.