Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Wayne Sihler
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Range day here in the Valley was Hot and Humid. 105 rds expended,Several fridge worthy groups.
An-40 rds ,Cz- 40 ,Ru-25
Anschutz purchased has been tested at 25 and 50 yds."o" at 25 yds with CCI SV.a nice 5 shot cluster.Moved to 50 and adjusted scope.Wolfe and yellow box Eley did best there.
A 12X scope on the 10-22 is a real let down from the scope s on the others
Old 08-09-2020, 07:11 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Good chootin', sorting and cookin' reports, all. I'm a fanboy of pressure cookers and roasting ovens too, tho neither get used as much any more as they used to. Have one roaster oven that was Mom's and an assortment of pressure cookers dichotomized between here and the cabin, from small to fairly large.

Had two Gibson's after my last post followed by a sound nap that excluded replaying misses from earlier. Jack woke me, wishing to go out. Have yet to Czech whot the bride is fixin' for dinner, but am sure it will be fine.

Nice approach to the new gig, Mike. Sounds quite interesting, but its a field I have zero real familiarity with. Wish, in some ways, that I'd kept better abreast w/'chinery. Whot I have is mostly related to small tool room lathes and mills, prior to CNC. Had it in my mind once to buy a Bridgeport & get a good indexing table for it. Did get a Dumore grinder for my lathe & learned to use it.. a long time ago. Had too many friends & acquaintances that either had or had access to zoot machinery and still do, w/some. Seriously doubt that future generations will ever have access to whot ours and the WW2 Vets had access to in the way of neat stuff as well as the knowledge to use it. OTOH, today's 'chinery can hold tolerances and do things that were not known earlier. I'm betting that you become very proficient and that your employer benefits greatly from your having been given the benefit of the doubt... and the job.
--

In the way of things Czech, there is this:

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...s-from-brno-2/

Sorry that I missed being able to watch that one! I hate that Marquez the first has been injured, but GOSH(!), the excitement following his absence is honestly amazing w/this development. I'm thinking while its horrific, on the one hand that he is unable to ride, that it will prove good for the sport, longer term. Its certainly exciting and I thot this a wonderfully written report w/a total lack of anything biased or ugly. Hope that it remains so. Its an intense sport and not w/o risk.

Think I'll fix another Gibson. The way I makes 'em is 3 oz. of Beefeater, 1 oz. of Cinzano, two cocktail onions from the Netherlands + 2 tsp's. of the juice over two large cubes in a rocks glass & stirred until the cubes are half sized and the outer portion of the glass has a good sweat. They are capable of mollifying triple digit temps or heat indices & making you glisten.. like a southern belle, rather than sweating like a race horse. Sometimes, a horse diver makes for a good accompaniment, but a canopy is always welcome.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Did some map searching for camping locations near Zion after dinner.

Enjoyed some vanilla ice cream and bread pudding for desert.

I'm turning in.

G/nite.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Did some map searching for camping locations near Zion after dinner.

Enjoyed some vanilla ice cream and bread pudding for desert.

I'm turning in.

G/nite.
If you go through Tucson you have a place to stay.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good range reports Don, Wayne.

Action was almost slow with one 8" walleye and one 22 3/4" smallie, biggest of my life. It was a chunky one but gave a great 10 min. fight with the hook falling out in the net.
Witnesses fishing nearby were a young couple with 3 little kids. Little guy asked me to hold it up, "Highow! Congwaduations mistow!" His dad and I got a chuckle from that.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Rhody at the beach with chics and bikinis. [/SIZE]
Crazy amount of smoking hot chicks in bikinis all day!!!!

Currently sitting around the campfire having a great time!

I will be returning home tomorrow where I will be meeting a redheaded model that is coming in from Philadelphia with her friend. My buddy and I will be taking them to dinner tomorrow night and we shall see what the night brings. They are not leaving until Wednesday so plenty of time to have some serious fun!!!

R
Old 08-09-2020, 09:08 PM
flyingsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Would I, Should I, Could I be LAST??????
Old 08-09-2020, 09:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Not even close. Won't be lastest till tomorrow. Always late flip when Rhody goes tubing.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2020, 09:11 PM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Somewhere it’s next, not yet here! How does one know if Last?
Old 08-09-2020, 09:19 PM
pans858
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
Roma tomato, in the garden, 1/2 hour ago..
Most excellent photo. Who knew a green mater could be so dramatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
I've been busy trying to get some of this ole bachelor geezer crib cleared out and organized. I have way too much stuff, and it's mostly disorganized, some is semi organized, but mostly not. Some is junk and needs to get tossed. Some is Goodwill material. House looks worse now than a few days back as I have to make a mess to clear a mess. Kind of like interior demolition. The to much stuff problem has been years in the making.

Part of what started the mission is my desire and intent to build an AR. I started to take inventory on what I had on hand to determine what I still need and couldn't find what I was looking for and knew that I had. Finding some of what I remembered that I had and a lot of stuff that I had forgotten about. Found a couple AR barrels late last night that I vaguely remember, but can't find the one I thought I had. Did find a couple of stripped uppers. Thought I bought a lower or two awhile back, but don't recall the safe place I put them. Finding Ruger stuff in with AR parts, and Mauser stuff with AK stuff, so maybe when I get to Ruger and Marlin stuff I'll find AR stuff. Living room is filled with boxes of stuff and the cat is really annoyed. My place probably makes Szumi look like a neat freak. I did take the new pressure washer I put together out of the living room. It's in the kitchen now.

Part of the process is to clean and clear off the old rickety werk bench and replace it with something much sturdier that I can mount a vise for werking on vices.

Back to cleaning out and organizing the ole geezer rat hole. Take care my friends.
That description is great! I suffer the same affliction, and do not look forward to the cure, or at least I do not look forward to the work that results in the cure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

In the way of things Czech, there is this:

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...s-from-brno-2/

Its an intense sport and not w/o risk.

That was a great report... Having not paid attention for way too long, I would not associate KTM with F1 errr... MotoGP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Good range reports Don, Wayne.

Action was almost slow with one 8" walleye and one 22 3/4" smallie, biggest of my life. It was a chunky one but gave a great 10 min. fight with the hook falling out in the net.
Witnesses fishing nearby were a young couple with 3 little kids. Little guy asked me to hold it up, "Highow! Congwaduations mistow!" His dad and I got a chuckle from that.

Pics, fish whisperer?

Congrats on the new job, Mike. I'm sure you'll do great, and the challenges will be right down your alley.
Those machines are something- guess I don't have to mention they have no conscience and have removed a few hands and arms from those not paying attention. Modern safety features, such as light curtains have made them safer, albeit a little more cumbersome to run.

Toward the tooling rust issue, unless you can control environmental humidity and the degreasing that goes along with covid cleaning, I have no suggestions. There are some good rust preventatives, but all those I am familiar with will definitely leave an oily residue. You might look into "Zerust" products. They'll prevent rust, and keep the tools dry, but I think unless you can store the tooling in an enclosed space, then it would also be useless. I'd guess most of your tooling is stored on open shelves due to it's size and odd shapes... dies, etc?

RFBR was ok today. I shot pretty poorly to be honest, but what the heck, at least I was shooting and recreating!
Old 08-09-2020, 09:29 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Close to last.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:33 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No pix and threw it back for the little guy to catch some day....what fish dreams are made of.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still 80* outside and the wife is baking cookies.I probably wont get any to eat. No respect I tell you.....
Old 08-09-2020, 09:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!

Last edited by Rhody; 08-10-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!