Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:38 PM
R1150r
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Gehmann Iris?

Got one of these from Champions Choice and wanted to share my thoughts. I'm 55 and wear tri-focal glasses, so iron sights have become a challenge. While it's likely only practical for range use rather than hunting, I found this to really clear up my sights. When adjusted right, I can see the rear sight, front sight and target clearly.

I also tried it when using an UltraDot Micro on my BuckMark. The previously oblong, blurry red dot was nice and crisp.

So, it you're thinking your only option is switching to a scope, you might give this a try.
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Mai...tions&item=390
Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Leadshaft
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Nice looking unit. Thanks

I just bought a magnetic SeeMoreShootBetter aperture. It's not as fancy as the one you have but it is also not as expensive. The company also has an excellent customer service department. I am 58 years old and hope to shoot some iron sights for a while more.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 AM
R1150r
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have one of those as well. The biggest drawback for me was how easily it can scratch your glasses, plus it's a fixed aperture. I see they have also redesigned it and can't speak to the larger, newer version, as I have the first model.

Either option is still less than buying a scope and rings or a red dot and works for every firearm you have.

Here is the link for those interested:
http://www.seebettershootbetter.com/