scout 10/22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:10 PM
KIOTI

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
help on scout 10/22

I am new here and a lot of good info here but don't have time right now to go through it. I am wanting to build a scout 10/22 I know that VQ has a barrel scope mount, but really don't want to spend the money on a VQ barrel yet. So what is another easy way to do this. Right i would prefer to use my Butler Creek Carbon Fiber Barrel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope that this goes here.

Last edited by KIOTI; 04-09-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:33 PM
KEVB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That Butler Creek "carbon fiber" is going to be an obstacle. Do a search for those here. Most people hate them
Old 04-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Chum

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Check this thread out. Chief Dave explains how to use a VQ barrel mount. I am not sure how or if you could attach one to a Carbon Fiber barrel.

https://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...2F22+mag+scout

Another option would be to buy one of these barrels from GM

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/product...aspx?id=323828

Thanks again CD
Old 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
jconnally

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Chief AJ Scout Rifles.

This is the first guy who made 10/22 scout rifles based on Jeff Cooper's ideas of the scout rifle. They are a blast to shoot. Here is his web site.
http://www.chiefaj.com/scout_rifles.htm
Old 04-11-2004, 03:02 AM
ChiefDave

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Chief Says : The Carbon Fiber barrel would be a piece of cake to do a Scout configeration too. First , you can use the standard T-09 weaver mount or
about any other mounting base as there is no pattern to contend with.
Second , With no set holes in the barrel , You can choose where " exactly"
you want the mount.
Infact you could put mautiple holes atop the barrel in the mount spacing pattern.
Carbon Fiber " wrapped barrels have (a) an inner tube = barrel (b) an outer tube= surrounds the barrel and provides a base for the fiber to adhear to.
(c) The fiber itself.
You can drill it easily , but stop after reaching or drilling thru the first layer of metal. I would use self tapping screws to secure the mount ( add a bit of loc-tite ) for insurance. If for some reason the screws don't hold . Easy fix = just
drill more and exoxy the old ones shut.

This would indeed be the most universal and easiest scout barrel setup , going. And most likely cost you nothing to do , except a little time.
Guess you would need a red dot sight or pistol scope.
Good Luck - CD.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:35 PM
KIOTI

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you all for all of the info. I saw somewhere on here that a AR15 pictinany rail will fit on a 10/22. I will test out the BCCF barrell for groups if I get .75" at 50 yards I will have some drill and tap it. If not I will find another route.