Front sight change Goldenboy - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
TJ Ironhorse's Avatar
TJ Ironhorse
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
Massapequa NY
Posts: 
99
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front sight change Goldenboy



Log in to see fewer ads
Has anyone changed the front sight on a Goldenboy to a larger brass bead, say like a Marble sight?
If so, what size bead did you choose?
For me the standard 3/32" bead is just too small.

TJ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Old Blue
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2004
Location: 
Johnstown, Ohio
Posts: 
384
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front sight change:

I replaced the factory sights on my Golden Boy with a set of the Truglo fiber optic sights. Makes a world of difference.

Check the Truglo web sight out for more information.

Old Blue
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2013, 07:51 PM
tbarinpa's Avatar
tbarinpa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2010
Location: 
PA Harrisburg Area
Posts: 
645
TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Ditto as Old Blue. Love the gun, but not a fan of the buckhorns standard to the GB.
FYI any sight/bead you choose will be the same size as the sights on the Winchester 94.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM
azimuth

Join Date: 
Jul 2005
Location: 
Texas High Plains
Posts: 
1,383
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have an older GB and a friend of mine has a newer model. He noticed while we were shooting one afternoon that his front sight had a larger bead. The one on my rifle is a very fine bead, but I have no idea as to the actual diameter. So, if your rifle is one of the earlier models then Henry may have a sight that would make the difference for you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM
ArmyScout's Avatar
ArmyScout
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2012
Location: 
IL
Posts: 
741
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think Truglo is a little cheaper than Hi Viz but haven't checked prices lately.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
vegasjim
US Air Force Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2012
Location: 
henderson nv
Posts: 
81
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have both of my golden boys equipped with the hi-viz fiber-optic sights and think there is nothing better. I like the availability of changing the color tube based on location,lighting and such. Check out the hi-viz p/n dovm sight. They have several hights available, mine is the .420 ht for both rifles.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
TJ Ironhorse's Avatar
TJ Ironhorse
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Location: 
Massapequa NY
Posts: 
99
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
I have an older GB and a friend of mine has a newer model. He noticed while we were shooting one afternoon that his front sight had a larger bead. The one on my rifle is a very fine bead, but I have no idea as to the actual diameter. So, if your rifle is one of the earlier models then Henry may have a sight that would make the difference for you.
I have an older GB made in Brooklyn. The front sight is the small bead. Its a 3/32" I believe. Gonna give henry a call and see if the newer/larger one is available.

Thanks to all who posted.
TJ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Motor7
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Location: 
East Tennessee
Posts: 
1,868
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjim View Post
I have both of my golden boys equipped with the hi-viz fiber-optic sights and think there is nothing better. I like the availability of changing the color tube based on location,lighting and such. Check out the hi-viz p/n dovm sight. They have several hights available, mine is the .420 ht for both rifles.
Can you post a link? I can't seem to find the right one for a GB.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM
adarakjian

Join Date: 
Oct 2007
Posts: 
48
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Replacing the Factory Sights on my Golden Boy

I have ordered the Tru Glo sights (TG112) for my Brooklyn made Golden Boy. Has anyone out there made this replacement to the original sights. Is the change to the sights difficult or would I best be served by having it done by a gunsmith? Did the sight change make a difference in your shooting enjoyment? Thanks for your assistance.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Motor7
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Location: 
East Tennessee
Posts: 
1,868
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarakjian View Post
I have ordered the Tru Glo sights (TG112) for my Brooklyn made Golden Boy. Has anyone out there made this replacement to the original sights. Is the change to the sights difficult or would I best be served by having it done by a gunsmith? Did the sight change make a difference in your shooting enjoyment? Thanks for your assistance.
Use proper hollow ground screwdriver tips & a brass or nylon punch. It's not difficult, just take your time and be careful.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x