Got a MKII FVXP - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
rogarm43
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got a MKII FVXP

Hello,
Picked up a DSG MKII FVXP .22 to last week. It matches my 93R17 FVXP. Got to fire 200 rds thru it ystdy. This appears to be good one out of the box. Checked the crown @ DSG with a magnafying glass before purchase. It looked good from all angles and light smoke pattern on the barrel confirms it.
I like the synthetic stocks,,however will probably paint it a sand or khaki later.

As for shooting, fired 5 rds, ran snake thru a couple times, and let er go after that. Tried CCI Std Velocity, Winchester M22, CCI Velocitor, CCI Mini Mags, & Blazer.

Even with the freeby scope, at the end of the day was able to get one 5 shot group under a quarter @ 50 yds.

Will be ordering a Mueller APV (have one on my .17) today, and after another 200 of so rounds or so, will be polishing trigger parts, per the accu-trigger thread on RFC. This looks like it will be a very nice shooting rifle for the $$ invested. Did notice Boyd's has a stock on sale that will fit this rifle. May go for that too.

Thank you all who share their talents and experience on RFC. I appreciate it and put it to use.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 AM
mattusmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Me too

I just purchased one of these about a week ago. I topped mine with a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32. I really like this gun. I have it dialed in with CCI stingers for squirrel control at my house. I got mine at dicks with the od green stock too.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Old Dutch
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same here, guys. I changed the stock and scope and have really enjoyed this rig. Great value,IMHO.