Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 PM
zgregory
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first 10/22 build...need some advice

I've been running the idea through my head of putting together a 10/22 for the past couple months but have had a little trouble trying to decide on what components would be best for my rifle. I want a rifle that will be a shooter (less than 1/2in at 50yds) but I want it to be light enough that it could be taken into the field for hunting. Im looking to do an all black build and have settled on the hogue overmolded stock and mueller apv scope. I am thinking about going with an oem receiver with a polished bolt and one of the reworked trigger groups from shootersdiscount. My big question is what barrel would be best for my application? I have looked at green mountain, tacsol, whistlepig, er shaw, and kidd. Any advice on any of the parts would be great. Thanks from the new guy!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
oscar

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
its personal preferance. I have never heard a bad thing about kid ill say that much. theres also rimfire tech and vq look into them too.see whats in the price range.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I use a GM fluted, threaded, SS barrel in the 18" length that works great. There are better barrels out there but they are expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
zgregory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really would like to keep the cost down a little due to another project I just finished up. Im giving heavy thought to the green mountain 18in fluted and the er shaw 18in helical fluted. Is one any better than the other?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 PM
ilove22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Green Mountain barrel, and I really like it.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 PM
zgregory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ive heard good things about the GM barrels. Has anyone ever used the er shaw barrels? And where is the best place to get the GM barrels?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM
dwsschatte
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
75% (2)
GM barrels? In my kickin around the net, Shooter's discount's prices are hard to beat.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
zgregory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks like I may be going with the green mountain barrel. Thanks, this is an awesome forum with tons of info! Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with shootersdiscount? Ive been trying to call to ask a couple questions and havent got an answer.