Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Oldgringo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passinby View Post
I don't want to sound rude, but you are a whole heluva lot better off than millions of other workers. Frankly, I don't see that you have much to bellyache about.
Yepper, I second Passinby's thoughts. Look around you, things could be a whole helluva lot worse. Be thankful that you have a job to go to.

Last edited by Oldgringo; 01-17-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcasey View Post
company is going to buy our homes at a fair market value(), you know how that is ganna go! i think things will change before it gets much further. if i can help it i am not going north!!! chat is my choice.
Poor baby.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
joe k

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
derek
everything happens for a reason!
joe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
68driftr
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgringo View Post
Poor baby.
Go Crawl back under your rock and let Derek vent his frustration's you have 5 post's now so you are a Hero! NOT! As far as we know Derek built his dream home, and If he did I would understand his feeling's right now, He got a lot dumped on him in one phone call!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshotcajun View Post
Sometimes change can be good. Yesterday I broke my self imposed ban on the Stoner design. I normally shoot US 1917's,Springfield 1903's and a Garand in Service rifle matches. Yesterday I held my nose and purchased a Rock River National Match Ar 15 A2. How's that for change ?
yup! sometimes change is good. sold my HBAR and bought a RRA 24" heavy bbl stainless flattop varmint. paper plate groups to ping pong ball groups. change is good.

careful with the liquor DC. you'll hurt yourself. live long. shoot straight.
its always a good day when you wake up above ground.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Alienwordz
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Derek I am not down playinig your situation because it is a pain to move when you have settled in BUT..like timber recommended, keep your home if you think you will be moving back and can afford to. If you have a choice I would not move to Cinncinati given the other choices, due to cost of living and other factors.

Hopefully you will keep your job and all your benefits until you decide when to retire. I know a lot of people who are unemployed and many have been since 2008. There are those in many industries who may lose their homes, have run out of unemployment insurance and have no medical benefits. I pray you never end up in that position.

It looks grim at this time but try to look at the pluses even if you have to squint and really reach out there to find some.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Scriv
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Good luck, I hope things turn out well.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68driftr View Post
Go Crawl back under your rock and let Derek vent his frustration's you have 5 post's now so you are a Hero! NOT! As far as we know Derek built his dream home, and If he did I would understand his feeling's right now, He got a lot dumped on him in one phone call!
Life isn't fair and it ain't for sissies, Boudreaux.

There are a whole lot of people who are loosing/have lost their homes/families and who do not have a job to go to or a union to protect them.

BTW, apparently the number of one's posts does not signal intelligence and/or compassion.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
68driftr
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgringo View Post
Life isn't fair and it ain't for sissies, Boudreaux.

There are a whole lot of people who are loosing/have lost their homes/families and who do not have a job to go to or a union to protect them.

BTW, apparently the number of one's posts does not signal intelligence and/or compassion.
I have both I just choose to use them wisely! That is why I never go into a forum and Belittle somebody I don't know! And trust me I know how fair life is!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
dlboles
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tennessee's good

I've lived in Oak Ridge & now I'm retired and live in Jasper (just west of Chattanooga). The cost of living is low, lots of places to shoot, hunt & fish. No state income tax either. I lived in Kentucky for 17 years too. Kentucky's ok too, but I think it costs more to live there.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Escbowhunt

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Yep seems like from those choices I would go for Tenn. But for my family it would be where ever the wife chose!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Jefferson

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
the magazines called

where to retire or something like it show the cost of living compared to other cities in the USA and would be a good reference guide when deciding to take jobs in other states,
I will lookd and see what they are called in a day or so

Jeff
Old 01-19-2010, 10:42 PM
ShelbyFan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Better than what happened to my father. He worked for the railroad in the late 60's. Broke his ankle in a job related accident and they fired him for not being able to perform his duties because of medical problems, THAT HE GOT WORKING ON THE RAILROAD. That is like punching someone then suing them for breaking your hand.

Either way, picking up and relocating is difficult. But you have a job and some security.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 PM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
derek called me last night, he was back on the job. since this is a year
away alot could happen. we had a new boss come in one day he was in
charge of all of w.v. and he was going to change everything. six months
later he was outta here along with all the grand schemes. thank goodness.
it can happen.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
derekcasey
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here is the deal.everytime we get a new superintendant they pull this out and lay it on his desk. all of them have looked it over and said it will not work. the reason is it will not work at all. now this new guy comes in and wants to put a feather in his cap and says we'll make it work(after 30 years of everybody knowing it won't work).

they have looked it over time and time again. it just won't work, but this guy says he's ganna make it work. after they do this to our district there isn't a district safe on any railroad from being torn to pieces and the workers relocated.

we have each union standing together(and i'm not a fan of any unions at all. they live off the work that we do). if they don't keep this from happening i will have been right when i told our co-workers that these unions only care about themselves and not the workers. everytime the company comes to them with something they say ok. we'll do it. we have been taking it on the chin for so many years it makes me sick.

we have no security right now. we just have till this mess striaghtens out or we have to move. if we have to move it is going to cost everyplace they make us go half thier work force. yep half the people there will be on the streets without a job. it will cost roughly half our workers thier jobs, just to find out this won't work.

there is more to it than the guys making remarks understand. we're looking at around 200-300 people total between the 5 places without jobs and on the streets. because of something that everybody knows won't work but this nut seems to think he can make it work.

Last edited by derekcasey; 01-20-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Closed Thread