Stray from rimfire and regret it. - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:39 AM
jackknife
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
I bought a Pathfinder target (4"barrel) a few months ago and I have a few thousand rounds through it. It has a nice trigger and is accurate. What more can you ask when it has had no failures of any kind?
Not much!

If it goes bang every time, and the boolitz goes where the gun is pointed, you're way ahead of the game. Of course working reliably is a very good thing. This is why with .22's, I only have revolvers. I go through a bulk box of Federal every two weeks, and with my S&W revolvers and even my little NAA mini revolvers, I can't remember the last time I had a dud. You just don't get that many fail to fires with a revolver. Maybe the longer external hammer drop adds some impact to the primer? Of course theres no fail to feeds or fail to ejects.

I notice my Marlin lever action is the same way.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:22 AM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A local shop has a sequential pair of Seecamp .32s, "used" but NIB. I am very tempted to get one, the .380 has a reputation of being unpleasant to shoot but the .32 is nicer, won't bite the shooter. I too carry a NAA .22LR, the Seecamp is almost as easy to pocket carry and the double action only feature means it won't be subject to unintended discharges. The little Keltecs are recommended by some but I really don't like polymer pistols, especially ones that have gotten a reputation for cheap construction. Ymmv.

So, a day later I went back and bought on of them. The shop didn't have any ammo, other shops around do, I'll check into them. The only ammo I have on hand is an old box of FMJ, I find that that ammo will jamb the magazines, the gun needs hollow point ammo.

Last edited by NHcollector; 11-21-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM
slayer6
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22 pocket pistol

I carry a S&W bodyguard in .380 but agree for carry you should carry what you are comfortable with. I would not want to be shot with a .22 and doubt anyone would stick around to find out what caliber you were shooting at them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 03:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use a Bersa .380 Firestorm as my CCW. it is very comfortable to shoot and very reliable. The rubber finger groove grips tame the recoil very well. It is nicer to shoot than my Beretta 70S or my buddy's Walther PPK/S. .380 will always be a better self defense round than a .22 LR or magnum.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:52 PM
kevintaylor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackknife View Post
You'd think by this time......learned....... Something like, when you find something that works for you, don't mess around, stay with it.

For most my life I've been a ....... 1911 Government, 45ACP.....nut.

For over 30 years,........ I've shot 10ís of thousands of rounds of 45ACP through various 1911 Government models.

Last spring,........ I decided a 1911 Gov is not necessarily the best concealed carry piece, although I have Massive experience with it. I bought a, (sigh). Springfield XDE. Same exposed hammer, good feel but the grip needs help in my gorilla like hands. And get This.... in 9mm.

It's been a few months now, and I've come to the conclusion that it's ....an okay gun for concealed carry, a little small compared to a Government model. But it feels good in my hand and shoots where I think it is pointed., so what more can I want?

If I need .......confidence, I should stick with what I know,
The trusty 45. 22.
Ok, I changed up your quote. I know what you are saying though. Even after years of training a familiarity, we can change.

Kevin
Old 12-04-2019, 02:39 AM
marlin25mn22mag
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Cute as the NAA's are, I just cant get a good hold on one......
Some time back we picked up the snub CA Pathfinder in 22LR as a similar counterpart to the S&W 38Spl Airweight. The abbreviated rubber grips on those is enough in the hand for good control and double action point and pull is for sure for us a certain plus.
have you looked at the earl it has a larger grip than most the other NAA mini revolvers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76905970_2162340454062892_4318537857477115904_n.jpg (237.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-04-2019, 08:52 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I'm not a big fan of plastic guns, but----S&W did a great job with the Shield 380 Ez and they named it right. Everything about it is easy.
I agree whole heartedly with this statement, these pistols are a dream to handle and shoot.

I also like my j-frame Model 60 in .38 special and as another poster stated, use light wad-cutter loads for practice.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM
laylow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tempted to an LCR in 22lr.

Last edited by laylow; 12-04-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:26 PM
jackknife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylow View Post
Tempted to an LCR in 22lr.
I think that's the direction I'm heading in. Its a toss between the .22 LCR and a .22 Charter Arms Pathfinder. Both small J frame size double action revolvers. Lots to said for a fast point and shoot.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:55 PM
laylow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackknife View Post
I think that's the direction I'm heading in. Its a toss between the .22 LCR and a .22 Charter Arms Pathfinder. Both small J frame size double action revolvers. Lots to said for a fast point and shoot.
I've got the Pathfinder. It's my wife's HD gun. Trigger is great, shoots a bit low. I plan to have Charter sort that out for me, because I think it's lower than it ought to be.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:02 PM
jackknife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I've got the Pathfinder. It's my wife's HD gun. Trigger is great, shoots a bit low. I plan to have Charter sort that out for me, because I think it's lower than it ought to be.
How Low is it?

Say on a paper plate at 10 yards or so?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:08 PM
laylow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
3-4 inches I'd guess.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:51 PM
jackknife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
3-4 inches I'd guess.
If the front sight is not removable, a few strokes of a file should put the group up a inch at a time. Just go real slow and carful, ir better yet, Justus a dead on sight picture.

As I got older, I abandoned the 6 oclock hold and readjusted all my guns for a dead on hold. Put the front sight right on what I want to hit. Have you turned that?

It works well with the Jim Cirillo "shooting out of the notch" style of self defense shooting.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:00 PM
laylow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I thought about filing it, but the front sight is already really small. With a little filing it would be basically gone.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:29 PM
jackknife

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I thought about filing it, but the front sight is already really small. With a little filing it would be basically gone.
What about sight picture?

Is it low using a dead on hold or a 6 O'clock hold?