Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:14 AM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
455 vs 457 ????

What was wrong with the 455 that CZ felt that they needed a new model to 'fix' the 455 problems??????
Old 11-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Good Morning PABear sir the only thing I can think of has affected both the 452 and 455 which is high bolt throw...from the looks of the pictures the length of the rail is longer which is good...the one picture that I posted that looks like a LUX model looks good to me...besides that I don't know...maybe it was all the complaints of the 455...that the 452 was better because people did not want a change to start with...other than that I don't know.

SM

If this is at the Shot Show in a few months I will be handling it for sure and if it is as good as it looks in this picture and comes in 17hmr and 22mag I just have to pick up another pair of CZs .
Old 11-16-2018, 09:02 AM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
What was wrong with the 550 that they've gone to the 557 & losing the SST? To me it's like trucks, they're tools & when you hit upon a winner don't change it for the sake of change or style. Offer options if someone want's a different look but if it's a winner keep making them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2018, 09:07 AM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sales would be my thought.
You reach a point where the market becomes saturated with a current model.
Used ones enter the second hand shops and the market drops further.
Offer a new model and create a new market and improve your profit margin.
Stockholders are happy, rifle buyers are happy, makes sense to me.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Crowshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Or they simply found a few things they could change that will allow for cheaper/faster production.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Fynn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
I really do LOVE that stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
What was wrong with the 550 that they've gone to the 557 & losing the SST? To me it's like trucks, they're tools & when you hit upon a winner don't change it for the sake of change or style. Offer options if someone want's a different look but if it's a winner keep making them.
Hear, hear! If if ain't broke, why try and fix it?

Isn't this why we continue to see a steady trickle of 452 Americans into the market?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Glenfiddich
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As started in my other post about the 457 catalog, all stock configurations for the 457 are the same as the 455 except for the Varmint.......also does not appear to ba a FS model.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
CZ had to make changes look at what every scope maker has done we now all have huge Oculars and CZ wants to stay in the game so they had to make changes to their rifles like the bolt throw and longer rail. How many scope brands still have the 1.5" Oculars these days...Weaver and a few Leupolds….everybody else has gone huge even Leupold and Weaver. That is my take on it.

SM
Old 11-16-2018, 12:19 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Not only that but CZ reads and see what is going on at Rimfire Central with all of the different comments about bolt throw and scope mounting problems CZ as had in the past. This is a win-win for CZ first off they bring out a new model with the new changes they're not going to change what the 455 was or the 452.
They also see like the tikka-1 rifle with it's short bolt throw. They also want to have a bigger piece of the pie in the US market. I thought the 455 platform was a good idea but I don't think it's turned out like they thought it would. Just like everybody else it's a numbers game if they don't sell enough of them...they will drop them. I also feel they've had more problems and more returns with a 455 models than they ever did with the 452 so I think they thought that they need to go back into the screw in type barrels on the 457. How many multiple Barrel rifle sets do you see on a 455 these days besides CZ owners of buying different brands of barrels not CZ Factory ones. Which cuts into their profits.

This is only one guys opinion.

Signalman
Old 11-16-2018, 02:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Signalman - Are you going to begin marking your safes by brand, model number, or caliber?

I know there are at least two 457s in your future, and the way you reserve judgement on CZs, I suspect more. I also expect many RFC members are anxiously awaiting to see what Weaver scope and ring combinations you'll use on your new new 457s.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Flyguy65
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Business is Business

A very conservative assumption is there will be at least 30,000 new CZ 457 rifles sold to CZ Fanatics who have to have the next CZ, as well as some first time users, in the first 12 months world wide.

Assuming it will have a retail price of $450 or more per rifle that comes out to 13.5 - 15 Million in sales just for a launch. Above that, they will sell magazines as well as potential Stock/Barrel upgrades.

Have to assume a 5 year run may be upwards of 50-80 thousand rifles sold. If this rifle is deemed an upgrade over 455 this number could be larger.

The economics of this say that they should do launches every 3-5 years