Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:48 PM
william
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
MKII FV SR Scope Mount Recommendation?

I just purchased the rifle and have a Boyds Tactical stock on the way. What height rings for a 40mm objective for proper clearance and cheek weld?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:01 PM
Sigep1764

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Medium UTG picatinny rings. Amazon has them for cheap. They do not move once tightened. I have Leupold rings on my CZ and honestly, other than looks, they perform the same job equally.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 PM
malice4you

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I run Weaver rings (Quad lock or 4 hole skeleton I believe) on most of my guns. Most of my scopes are 40 or 42mm, and I run medium rings on all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2018, 11:09 PM
Kapew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As an engineer, I had trouble with tall, medium, etc. I like numbers.

On my new gun, I put low rings which measured 0.78” from mid rail to center of scope tube.

I think the Boyd will work.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:39 AM
bwframe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used Warne low rings to put the 50mm objective exactly where I wanted it. Just enough clearance for scope caps.

Beartooth cheek riser on the factory stock works well for me.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:28 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapew View Post

On my new gun, I put low rings which measured 0.78” from mid rail to center of scope tube.

I have the same frustrations. Very few rings actually provide a dimension one can use to make meaningful calculations. Very low, low, medium or high are nothing more than arbitrary descriptors used in ads. Many scope bases are nearly as bad. Weaver does list some good information helping to raise/lower the scope height. i.e., the Weaver 24 two piece bases are used on my FV SR to lower my scope a few more mm.
I’ve found my spare ring and bases box is ever expanding yet still isn’t complete.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:05 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapew View Post

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 4-12x40AO scope mounted on a heavy barrel MkII BTVLS with the OEM thumb hole stock replaced by a Boyd's Rimfire hunter.

The rings measure 0.375" from the top of the two-piece Weaver bases to the inside bottom of the rings where the scope sits. The bell measures 2.07" in diameter and it clears the barrel by about 1/8". I believe these rings were listed as "medium".
Old 02-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Flyguy65
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rings on a .22 is not that hard

The purpose of the rings is to lock down the scope at a height to keep the bell off the barrel. The recoil of a .22 relative to the recoil of a .308 or higher caliber is nominal. You dont need $50 rings to secure a scope on a .22. Get some UTGs and tighten snug but not tight if just using an allen wrench. If you have or can borrow a torque wrench, tighten to spec and you will be fine.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Kapew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
3/4” rings. Measured from seam (mid scope tube) to top of rail is perfect height for me with my new Boyd’s Varmint Pro. They were labeled as “low”.