mods for my new to me 22" special - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:29 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink mods for my new to me 22" special

recently lucked up on a 22" 2008 wal mart special in a local pawn shop, 95%, pewter finished , $139.00 out the door.had a 2x7 20MM tasco scope mounted, I have already sold the scope. I just mounted a vintage NOS Tasco 4X 32 I had lying around waiting for a gun. nice installation. last night I had all my mods together, soft buffer, auto bolt release and BX trigger group so I jumped on it and got everything installed. these are my favorite mods, and I have already done them to my 16" barrel stainless tactical 10/22, plus a custom made polished stainless muzzle brake from maddmacs shop. I hope to get in a range trip next week, I want to see how this 22" runs. it caught my eye in the pawn shop,i had NEVER seen one before,a really classy looking sporter. I don't believe they really knew what it was when it was priced at 200.00 and I mentioned that was too much! a quick counter offer came back, 139.00 OTD incl tax. I had to keep the big smile off my face until I got out the door. there are lots of yea and neys about the Ruger BX trigger but I still feel it is very good for the bucks. I have got 2 now that feel so good and are about 2.5 lbs. quick easy GOOD mod.to a 10/22. the auto bolt release is the best under 10.00 mod that can be made to a 10/22.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:50 AM
BulletBait
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very good find. Ruger took a profits risk in offering the rifle version of their carbine. Like you, I was attracted to the taller rifle on WalMart's gun rack. Can't recall if its price was any higher than the stainless carbine. Come back with a range test report. I've only tested Fed bulk and Blazer thru mine. Surprisingly my cheap little black Marlin carbine will shoot tighter 50 and 100 yd groups.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:57 AM
mk2nut
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
You got the deal of the year in my opinion. These are really good versions. I know mine has found a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Racer X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
96% (25)
Even at $200 it is a decent deal.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I paid either $218.97 or $217.98 for mine new at Walmart in 2001. I think you did pretty solid there. I put a BX trigger in a gun I just built for my brother in law, and I did't have any qualms with it at all. Seemed really good for the little bit it costs. If very lightweight is in your interest, Brimstone can turn it into a 1.5lb wonder down the road from everything I've heard.