The New Smith & Wesson .22 LR Victory Thread (the place to discuss this new pistol) - Page 43 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The pistol will arrive via regular FedEx two day, adult signature required. They can't use the USPS to ship a complete firearm, so that smart post thing is out.

Keep checking the tracking progress. Mine came a day earlier than the original estimated delivery date. It was good to know, so I could be there to sign for it.

Let us know how it works and if they note any details about what they did to repair it.

The sheet that came with mine simply said that the barrel was replaced.

I wouldn't expect much detail, though. It takes valuable time to write up an explanation of the work performed.

Tabbed in.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:38 PM
SHRADK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a 41. Do I need a Victory?
Old 04-03-2016, 06:01 PM
nsell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a SW Victory and love the gun. My screw came loose after several 100 rounds. I have been using Teflon tape on both the take down screw and barrel screw with great success. I have informed SW of this and they do not seem to be to concerned. I am getting spare screws out of them because of this problem. Screws do stay in place without a problem with the tape. Also shoots CCI SV excellent, Federal Automatch, CCI Blazer, and Federal Bulk Pack without a problem. Have a Burris Fast Fire III on it sure helps my older eyes. I hope they make a stainless steel rail or other type of metal rail instead of the polymer rail that came with the gun. Good shooting to everyone.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Trent
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRADK View Post
That is a question only you can answer.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:10 AM
thezen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsell View Post
I have a SW Victory and love the gun. My screw came loose after several 100 rounds. I have been using Teflon tape on both the take down screw and barrel screw with great success. I have informed SW of this and they do not seem to be to concerned. I am getting spare screws out of them because of this problem. Screws do stay in place without a problem with the tape. Also shoots CCI SV excellent, Federal Automatch, CCI Blazer, and Federal Bulk Pack without a problem. Have a Burris Fast Fire III on it sure helps my older eyes. I hope they make a stainless steel rail or other type of metal rail instead of the polymer rail that came with the gun. Good shooting to everyone.

I got some of this: https://www.vibra-tite.com/products/...-3-threadmate/

Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate

It's supposed to be ok for 5 reuses. It seems much better than the purple loc-tite, and never becomes permanent. You can feel it grabbing when you tighten it.

7.00 on Amazon for a small tube that should last the life of my gun, It only takes one drop to coat the screw. I'll give a report when I manage to shoot 200 rounds in one session.

Without a coating, the #61 O-ring seemed to work well too.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:16 AM
thezen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Seriously? That's like saying I have a Mercedes S-class, do I need a Honda Accord?
Old 04-04-2016, 10:25 AM
oldshot50

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Depends on what you want to use it for. For target competition/ shooting, you need the 41. For everyday plinking, use the Victory and save the 41. Your goals and expectations will dictate your decision. Just get to the range and enjoy shooting!
Old 04-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am surprised at you people.

Of course he needs to have a Victory too!

Tabbed in.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:11 PM
UncleFester

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I suspect that you'll find the Victory can do quite a bit of work that your 41 does. If so, you have a much lower cost platform to use when the 41 isn't absolutely necessary.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:37 PM
TJ Ironhorse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threecats View Post
So do they tell you what was wrong or will that be in some paperwork with the gun?
Gun was returned to me today. Paperwork enclosed stated replaced hammer and sear.
Off to the range I went. Managed to shoot only 40 rounds and guess what. The gun stopped working again. Same issue, no trigger, no firing pin strike. Not a happy Victory owner at all

Gun is heading back to S&W tomorrow morning.
Its as if the magazine disconnect is working even when the mag is in the gun. Thats what I mean by no trigger at all. Will post when it returns again. Probably another
3-4 weeks.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:27 AM
thezen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Ironhorse View Post
Gun was returned to me today. Paperwork enclosed stated replaced hammer and sear.
Off to the range I went. Managed to shoot only 40 rounds and guess what. The gun stopped working again. Same issue, no trigger, no firing pin strike. Not a happy Victory owner at all

Its as if the magazine disconnect is working even when the mag is in the gun. Thats what I mean by no trigger at all. Will post when it returns again. Probably another
3-4 weeks.
Wow, that really sucks. If you bought it locally you may want to get the disconnect and safety checked. It almost sounds like a spring that holds the diconnect from functioning is missing or not in place.

I'm sure glad I got mine at Davidson's. No repair, you get a replacement gun.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

3-4 weeks.
That's no good.

I would play with the mag disconnect and the safety.

But really, S&W should fix it.

Last edited by Jim_WY; 04-05-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:52 AM
TJ Ironhorse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did try it with the mag disconnect removed to eliminate that possibility. Still no trigger. Hammer is cocked and no way to lower it. Its a brand new gun, I think S&W needs to fix it right the second time.Not waiting for the old third time charm. . We shall see.
P.S. On a positive note, they did send me another magazine, plus, when the gun did work, it was a great shooter.

Last edited by TJ Ironhorse; 04-05-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I did try it with the mag disconnect removed to eliminate that possibility. Still no trigger. Hammer is cocked and no way to lower it. Its a brand new gun, I think S&W needs to fix it right the second time.Not waiting for the old third time charm. . We shall see.
P.S. On a positive note, they did send me another magazine, plus, when the gun did work, it was a great shooter.
Yep. They need to get it back and fix it. How else will they learn?

They gave me a mag when they sent mine back, too. Maybe they'll give you another one this time, too. Consolation prizes!

Tabbed in.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:58 PM
xl_target
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up my Victory on Sunday. I ran a boresnake through it a couple of times and since the pistol was bone dry, I lubed the bolt lightly. Went right out to the range and put 300 rounds through it. The performance was flawless with no failures to feed fire or eject. The take down bolt was tight throughout.

I started with 50 rounds of CCI MiniMags, then about 50 rounds of CCE std. velocity. After that I tried 50 rounds of Wolf Match Target. Then I opened a box of Winchester 555 bulk hollowpoints and shot a bunch of that. I finished up with a couple of magazines of Remington Subsonic. Absolutely no issues. I had some CCI Quiet 22 but I forgot to try them. However, I have a feeling that those wont cycle the action.

I didn't seriously try for accuracy as the range was busy and there were quite a few people waiting for their turn. Still, I did get some good groups, especially with the Wolf MT and the Remington Subsonic.

While the grips don't look like it, they were actually pretty good and felt comfortable. The Williams Firesights work great and my sights were right on. The trigger on my pistol was very nice, with a crisp clean break. The controls are in the perfect places for my hands.I think S&W has nailed it with this pistol and I'm sure they will sell a ton of them.

I had to think really hard to come with some kind of a negative and the only thing that I could think of was that my thumbs were sore after loading the magazines thirty times. I've already built a loading assist tool out of a scrap piece of plastic (like some of the one shown in here) so even that is not an issue anymore.

Last edited by xl_target; 04-05-2016 at 02:00 PM.