The New Smith & Wesson .22 LR Victory Thread (the place to discuss this new pistol) - Page 38 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 AM
ScottNC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Working on new FFIII Base

I have a "3rd Gen" version using ideas from Pq49z's and Trent's great work with some added (hopefully) improvements. Should be done in a couple weeks. I'll put up some pictures when it's completed. Thanks again to both of the "pioneers" who posted their work. Also doing some additional mods I'll put up.
Scott
Old 03-22-2016, 01:03 PM
loki993

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone seen a threaded barrel one for sale yet? I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Trent
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNC View Post
I have a "3rd Gen" version using ideas from Pq49z's and Trent's great work with some added (hopefully) improvements. Should be done in a couple weeks. I'll put up some pictures when it's completed. Thanks again to both of the "pioneers" who posted their work. Also doing some additional mods I'll put up.
Scott
Looking forward to it Scott!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:23 PM
10P8TRIOT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Anyone seen a threaded barrel one for sale yet? I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
Kentucky Gun Co has them for $351.99 with free shipping.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Threecats
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful craftsmanship.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 PM
drunken_monkey97

TPC Rating: 
93% (34)
Anyone have an idea of what size uncle mikes holster might work for this pistol?? I tried a size 6 hip holster and it was too long.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Threecats

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just curious if that machining on the bore has popped up often of it's even something to be concerned about.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:26 PM
painless2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FASTFIRE 3 MOUNTED NICELY ON RAIL PROVIDED,,,also volquartzen barrel nicely accurate but not equal to model 41 in accuracy,,,,im a little dissapointed
Old 03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
painless2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thou im using volquartzen barrel the sw22 VERY RELIABLE,,no jams of any sort......B plus accuracy with fastfire3
Old 03-24-2016, 04:52 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_WY View Post
I haven't shot the gun yet, but I did take it apart somewhat.

Compared to my Buck Mark, it's easier to take apart, even the parts within the slide. You can get the extractor out without any tools because they conveniently put a tab for your thumbnail to push back on, there. Easy to get back in, too.

And the recoil spring and guide rod are pretty easy to deal with as well. Also, the plastic block containing the firing pin assembly is a lot easier to get out than the one on the Buck Mark because there's a machined opening below it that allows you to push it out easily.

The firing pin assembly is very similar to that of the Buck Mark, and easy to take apart, as well.

However, there is one huge difference between my Victory and my Buck Mark. And that is the finish inside the barrel!

I looked down the barrel, and thought, at first, that someone at the store might have taken it out and fired a few hundred rounds of Thunderbolts, such that the barrel was very leaded up.

But after a few passes with a bore brush with Ballistol, and some dry patches, looking down the barrel was pretty horrific!

I wonder what some of you other people's barrels look like. I only grabbed a few fast shots of it, but the whole length of it looks just as bad as what these show. I wasn't able to see what I was photographing because I was using a flash, so these are not "cherry picked" to be the worst areas. They're just what I happened to manage to get the camera aimed at with everything tediously balanced on my desk.

What do you folks think of this?

I'm pretty disgusted.
I just picked up my Victory two days age, and will take it to the range tomorrow. I have to say I was a bit concerned after seeing your pictures, but mine had a mirror-like pristine looking bore. I'll see what it looks like after a couple hundred rounds. What I can say already is that it looks and feels great. The trigger is sweeeet! Disassembly was a snap for my cleaning before the first trip to the range.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:26 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Nice grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10P8TRIOT View Post
From SHOT Show via 22plinkster's Facebook page ...
If they make those grips in blue. I'm a buyer.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:50 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
My pistol will be here tomorrow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
If they make those grips in blue. I'm a buyer.
I ordered mine through Kentucky Guns.....saved 75.00 over best local deal.

Thanks for handling it.... D and J General Store. I pick it up tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:37 PM
SixShooterFan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I ordered mine through Kentucky Guns.....saved 75.00 over best local deal.

Thanks for handling it.... D and J General Store. I pick it up tomorrow.
Wait, are you saying that you purchased the grips? I just checked the Kentucky Gun Co. website and did not find them.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs down get it back to Smith fast

[QUOTE=vet6771;6096465]I just picked up my Victory two days age, and will take it to the range tomorrow. I have to say I was a bit concerned after seeing your pictures, but mine had a mirror-like pristine looking bore. I'll see what it looks like after a couple hundred rounds. What I can say already is that it looks and feels great. The trigger is sweeeet! Disassembly was a snap for my cleaning before the first trip to the range.[/QU
Old 03-25-2016, 07:22 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
A friend just got his threaded barrel Victory, we had a good long look at the barrel before he accepted it, both his and mine have looked just fine and mine at least shoots quite acceptably. Don't think he's shot his yet.