The New Smith & Wesson .22 LR Victory Thread (the place to discuss this new pistol) - Page 37 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:16 PM
ScottNC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From the West...of you

I'm hoping somebody's gotten this far also. Be interesting to hear about.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:01 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
All I've done is remove the magazine disconnect, I'm pretty happy with the triggers release but the long take up doesn't do much for me.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Pq49z

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
You my friend are very good with hand tools then! Yours turned out way better than what mine would look like with just those tools. Impressive.

So yours locks on the rear with the factory "tab"?
Yes, just like the factory rear sight.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It is surprisingly difficult to get good photos of machined aluminum. It's either too little or too much light.

Lots of dynamic range!

Your shots look great. It's hard to avoid blowing out the highlights and still hold detail in the shadows with such a large dynamic range.

One thing that can help is to use a more neutral reflectivity background. I often use some gray cloth for the backdrop. Or blue or some color that has a reflectivity closer to 12%, like a gray card.

Also, shooting in RAW really helps. You can push the highlights to the right and still have detail in the shadows.

Bland lighting helps, too. The "soft box" concept is very helpful for shiny subjects.

But what you've posted is excellent already. Good work.

Tabbed in.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Trent
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
WOW! Your workmanship is first-class, and it just looks miles better than the original Picatinny! Everything looks like it belongs!
The FastFire looks like it has truly found a home! Your skill is amazing!
I appreciate it. "Amazing"... you might be giving me more credit than I deserve, haha. I am a hack mostly. None the less, I do appreciate the compliment. I'm looking forward to getting to the range and shooting this pistol with the RD on it.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks Jim. I'll give that gray/blue background a try. Also might need to step away from the "Auto" setting and switch to manual. I've tried playing with RAW... but it's a lot like playing with dark magic.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 AM
rubberband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fantastic work
Old 03-20-2016, 09:34 AM
27 Beck

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Well done.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 AM
ScottNC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pretty Much Perfect

That is one nice piece of work Trent. Thank you for sharing the details. I'm out in a small NC town and can only hope to find someone with the skills to approach what you came up with! Thanks Again for posting, Great Work.
Scott
Old 03-20-2016, 12:41 PM
ScottNC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stock Victory Barrel

If anyone has purchased an aftermarket barrel for their Victory and would like to sell their stock one, I'd possibly be interested.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 11:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SW22 Victory mag release

Loving my SW22 Victory, round count is about 2000 rounds and I only have one complaint.
That mag release is so stinking sensitive.
I have pretty good sized hands and the side of my thumb will constantly touch that mag release and release the mag. Just the lightest touch will release it.

Just today at the range I ran about 450 rounds through it, and had 6 accidental taps on the mag release.

Has anyone experienced this and found a remedy?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Not for me. I have long fingers/thumbs, but not necessarily "big". I have to intentionally push the mag release.

If one were inclined, you could pull off the right side grip panel and access the mag release spring very easily. You could try stretching it slightly and see if that helps. Or, you could take the spring and find one with the same dimensions but with a larger diameter spring wire (stronger spring). If it were me, I'd try stretching the spring a small amount and see if it helps.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thank you Scott. I appreciate it.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:43 PM
SixShooterFan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruant2000 View Post
Loving my SW22 Victory, round count is about 2000 rounds and I only have one complaint.
That mag release is so stinking sensitive.
I have pretty good sized hands and the side of my thumb will constantly touch that mag release and release the mag. Just the lightest touch will release it.

Just today at the range I ran about 450 rounds through it, and had 6 accidental taps on the mag release.

Has anyone experienced this and found a remedy?
Check you magazines. I had a mag with an issue and I reseated the base and the problem went away. It may not be clicking in place correctly
Old 03-22-2016, 05:35 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thanks Jim. I'll give that gray/blue background a try. Also might need to step away from the "Auto" setting and switch to manual. I've tried playing with RAW... but it's a lot like playing with dark magic.
While I hate to drag this thread off topic, I'd like to encourage you to play with RAW. It's actually easier in many ways than working with an in-camera JPG.

Did your camera come with any software to work with the RAW files? If not, a new version of Photoshop Elements will get you their newest ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) which will do RAW conversions for you.

Pardon that. Force of habit.

To keep this on topic. I still haven't heard anything from S&W about my pistol. I'm getting itchy to try it, so I hope they get it back to me before too long.

Meanwhile, I did receive one of the four magazines for it that I ordered.

I'm sure I'll want to put a red dot of some sort on it before too long. And that might just require making some sort of adapter for it.