Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

DOMIT he will be missed as long as any of us that knew him remain here at RFC.

He left a huge hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 11-02-2009, 12:35 PM
SQUAWSACH

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I miss Cletus. He was a real asset for RFC.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
DOMIT, I am sure that Rusty left a real-world legacy that most RFCers know nothing about. I hope that all his family left behind also know that he left an on-line legacy that they may know nothing about.

I thank you for giving them that access and hope that you continue to remind all of them what a gift he was to so many people that they don't even know. He is still helping people. What an incredible gift! Having lost friends and family myself, I know how great it is to hear that a loved one affected people positively beyond our own knowledge. And Rusty sure did that.

Look forward to meeting him one day.
RIP my friend
Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
torchedthat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
he will live on through this forum at least. I've read a bunch of his threads and am a new ruger 10/22 person and following his guidance
Old 07-17-2010, 07:35 PM
ditz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am new to guns and to this forum but I have read some of his contributions and I wished I had been fortunate enough to have met him. From what I have been able to discern, he was a fine man.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:40 PM
D O M I T !
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
holidays

miss our friend this holiday season, hope to see ya in due time. D O M I T !
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Underwhere

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's been a long time since I've visited this forum and I saw this thread out of the corner of my eye.

Here to pay my respects. RIP Rusty.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
steve_66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am new to this forum and enjoyed having spent hours reading Cletus Hungwell's posts. I did not have the opportunity to get to know Cletus but from what I see, his contributions and participation to this forum has helped and still is helping others everyday. RIP
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM
D O M I T !

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
honor

in honor of him i took out his go to gun the leaver gun that he fit so miny different barrels to and made red mist out of some critters infesting my pond out back of my house. he liked helping me witrh this duty. he was one of the men that helped make this country safe . thanks my friend!!!!! D O M I T !
Old 07-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Rod Blackburn
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D O M I T ! View Post
in honor of him i took out his go to gun the leaver gun that he fit so miny different barrels to and made red mist out of some critters infesting my pond out back of my house. he liked helping me witrh this duty. he was one of the men that helped make this country safe . thanks my friend!!!!! D O M I T !
A fine tribute to a very good man.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Silver78

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
DOMIT - thanks for keeping the thread active. Many of us remember and miss Cletus but only knew him through his posts on RFC. You had a real frendship with him.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:35 PM
D O M I T !

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
trip story

once apon a time rusty and i went to a officer safety seminar and after he was in a hotel restruant. well these 2 young women took an interest in him and long story short he was the star in his own rodeo!hehe! said the little one had ankles as big as his arm? never got him to explane that but he sure blushed a lot. just saying he never said anything just got red if he heard a pig squell!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
I may have posted this way way back...just want the new guys that click on this to understand whatta great innovator he was..he sadly never got to see this which was his idea..he PM'd me the idea and over a two month period got anxious to get me to do this..I was soooooo bizy I never did till after his passing...I still feel horrible about it and get a tear in my eye and a huge lump in my throat everytime I look at the gun this bolt is in..his Idea to "Heat Blue" this...came out straw yellow/gold...beautiful I loved Cletus..truly loved the guy.

If Rusty can get innerweb thingie in Heaven (and he is there) I hope he reads this...love ya Buddy.

Last edited by Chaser; 08-01-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 PM
delija
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
86% (2)
Remembering Cletus in 2013.

Just this past weekend I went to my local range. Some guy was checking out my 10/22 build and noticed it didn't have a trigger return plunger. Made me think of Rusty.

Original, creative, innovative - above all a giver; a sharer of ideas, help and encouragement....and of course, maybe best of all, his humor!

Peace to all,
D.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 AM
yzingerr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I feel compelled to add my .22 cents.
I never knew Cletus nor had any interaction with him, but his legacy lives on through us.
Ive been a long time lurker of the RFC forum and have taken away lots of great information over the years. Cletus's name was a reoccuring feature on many of the most useful (to me) posts. Long after his passing, he continues to educate diyers and avid enthusiasts alike.
I truly appreciate his informative nature and seemingly endless need to share his wealth of knowledge with the members of this forum.
Though I never knew you, I consider you to be a friend.
May you continue to rest in peace.