Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
mattusmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 10/22 magnum

Guys,
I am new to the forum and found it because I am searching for some info. I picked up a very nice looking 10/22 mag a few days ago. It has an aftermarket trigger group with "VC" on the bottom. I love the gun but in the first 30 or so shots I had 3 light primer strike where the gun did not go off.
Anyway is this common with this model and if so is the a quick fix?? I have taken it apart cleaned and lubed it, though I have not had a chance to shoot it again yet. Any ideas or recomemndations would be appreciated...
Thanks Matt
Old 05-28-2011, 12:47 PM
stukpedal
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You may need a magnum hammer spring, which is a little stronger. VC= Volquartsen Custom, contact Volquartsen about buying the magnum hammer spring. It should be cheap and easy to replace.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:02 PM
mattusmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is the trigger group on the 10/22 mag the same as the standard 10/22? I will check out the Volquartsen Custom website and see what I can find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 07:31 PM
stukpedal
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The l.r./magnum trigger groups are the same, the magnum may have had a stronger spring from Ruger, but I'm not sure. Either way people sell Magnum hammer springs (Volquartsen/Power Custom) as replacements. But you said your trigger group was a Volquartsen, I'm not sure how similar the Ruger and VQ trigger groups are, as I have never inspected a VQ trigger group first hand. But I know VQ sells a magnum trigger group. That's why I suggested contacting them, because they would know more than me. It should be an easy swap, and probably less than $10 to the door. Good luck with it.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 AM
mattusmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was just asking cause I didn't know. And yes it does have a "VC" trigger group in it, I don't have the factory one. I bought it used as it is set up now. I need to shoot it now that it has been cleaned and see if that helped.