Stock 161, Walnut Sporter - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:36 PM
lbjennings's Avatar
lbjennings
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Missouri
Posts: 
1,903
TPC Rating: 
100% (25)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
labeled as triple x fancy walnut from Fajen that I bought when they were going out of business

been looking for an octagonal barrel to fit into it, without much luck so far...may have to settle for a KIDD Heavy Taper
I havenít ever seen an octagon barrel on a 10/22. Are you sure they make such an animal? Whatever you put that stock on will look great.
Check out this stock on my 308 Mauser. Itís some of that pallet lumber.
https://i.imgur.com/CyHAhnBh.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Racer X's Avatar
Racer X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2005
Location: 
Seattle
Posts: 
1,701
TPC Rating: 
96% (25)
green mountain does make octagonal blanks I believe. Good place to start.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-07-2019, 09:21 AM
crackedcornish's Avatar
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Yuma
Posts: 
4,273
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjennings View Post
I havenít ever seen an octagon barrel on a 10/22. Are you sure they make such an animal? Whatever you put that stock on will look great.
Check out this stock on my 308 Mauser. Itís some of that pallet lumber.
https://i.imgur.com/CyHAhnBh.jpg
I built one with a GM octagonal barrel years ago, but GM hasn't offered them in quite awhile


Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
green mountain does make octagonal blanks I believe. Good place to start.
I don't believe the currently offered blanks have a large enough diameter at the chamber end to be usable for a 10/22, unless I go totally proprietary with an 80% receiver and cut the hole for mounting the barrel undersized (maybe have Randy thread them both)

and no, I don't want an aluminum barrel, so no whistlepig for me thank you
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-09-2019, 11:15 AM
horsefly1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2015
Posts: 
6
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Good Morning, lbjennings;

I've been meaning to write this for some time but this thread kicked me off. I'm a walnut and blued steel kind of guy. However, I've been watching your stocks for some time ... with considerable interest.

Most of us hide bound conventional folks need a kick in the backside every once in a while. Please keep doing what you're doing. It looks like good work and your imagination is good for the rest of us. Your "shipping crate" material should remind us all that there are other perfectly good ways to do things.

The other day, I even bought a yellow laminated thumbhole stock and put a stainless barrel in it. Yeeee Gods!

Y'all be good.

horsefly (the other one)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-09-2019, 03:03 PM
lbjennings's Avatar
lbjennings
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Missouri
Posts: 
1,903
TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefly1 View Post
Good Morning, lbjennings;

I've been meaning to write this for some time but this thread kicked me off. I'm a walnut and blued steel kind of guy. However, I've been watching your stocks for some time ... with considerable interest.

Most of us hide bound conventional folks need a kick in the backside every once in a while. Please keep doing what you're doing. It looks like good work and your imagination is good for the rest of us. Your "shipping crate" material should remind us all that there are other perfectly good ways to do things.

The other day, I even bought a yellow laminated thumbhole stock and put a stainless barrel in it. Yeeee Gods!

Y'all be good.

horsefly (the other one)
Thanks for the nice comment. I get a lot of my lumber from a custom cabinet builder friend and a few other sources. I was just kidding about the pallets. If youíre following my builds, you know Iíll try about anything for fun. Iím not that guy that has what everyone has. I have a few plastic stocks, but I like wood a lot better
Check this plastic stock out, that I modified.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1091273
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-09-2019, 06:04 PM
lbjennings's Avatar
lbjennings
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Missouri
Posts: 
1,903
TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Here's a few pictures of the finished stock. The pictures are not as good as they should be because of being a gloomy day.















Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Garugerfan's Avatar
Garugerfan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2016
Location: 
Georgia,USA
Posts: 
287
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That turned out very nice. Beautiful stock!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
3,320
TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Keep doing what your doing Larry. I enjoy reading about and watching the progress of all your stocks. If or when I need another 10/22 stock you are on my very short list.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-10-2019, 10:36 PM
lbjennings's Avatar
lbjennings
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2012
Location: 
Missouri
Posts: 
1,903
TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Keep doing what your doing Larry. I enjoy reading about and watching the progress of all your stocks. If or when I need another 10/22 stock you are on my v ery short list.
Thanks for the nice comment. As long as you guys keep checking out my work, Iíll keep building. Itís just a fun hobby for me and keep me active and out of my recliner.
Larry
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-27-2019, 09:44 PM
jokester945

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Location: 
HB, CA
Posts: 
23
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
How does one find out more about getting a stock made? Style, price, time, etc... My daughter saw one and might want one made.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x