Old 12-08-2019, 06:26 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtrack View Post
For me it's when I'm driving along and some bozo blows by way over the speed limit then down the road I pull up behind him at a stoplight. Light turns green and he's off like a rocket. Repeat and repeat.
Or when that same bonehead blows by you at an unsafe speed and a minute or two later, you pass him pulled over by a cop and you honk while laughing at how much that just cost him.
Someone blew by me going over 70 in the rain on the highway I caught up with them in the next town they were pulling over with a flat donut tire on the right front.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Jinx D'jinn
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNeatStuff View Post
Makes you wonder what happens if and when they look for a job
Why presume it makes a difference? If they work from home, like Splatz, who cares what they look like? I have absolutely no idea what "Dave" from "Spectrum"(who's been calling me lately) looks like but he earns his pfishing non-money every time he calls me. (What can I say, I'm a crippled old man who's easily amused)
Old 12-08-2019, 09:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtrack View Post
For me it's when I'm driving along and some bozo blows by way over the speed limit then down the road I pull up behind him at a stoplight. Light turns green and he's off like a rocket. Repeat and repeat.

Just north of Chico,Ca. there is a stop light where this happens all the time!There is a 20 mile stretch of two lane hiway before getting to the light,after that its freeway.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:26 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Ruger's lawsuit.
Hahaha!

I had to laugh at that!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
After reading thru the posts,maybe the title of this thread should have been..." Seeing the things that make you sad"?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:42 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've been seeing some real beaters at traffic lights that only had four lug nuts on five bolt wheels visible from my side. Too much NASCAR? Who knows, but it makes me laugh silently just the same.

I can still recall an MGA that was pitted next to us at an SCCA race many years ago at a track that no longer exists and it had to be towed back from track side due to one of the supporting pit crew idjits not tightening the lug nuts at all and it had cut the center from the wheel at an inopportune moment causing it to go aground. One of the groupies came over afterwards and asked whot happened? The driver, a sure fire PT Barnum type, said with a perfectly straight & dead serious face, "Well, boys, it just had too much power." It makes me laugh every time I think of it.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:23 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
I've been seeing some real beaters at traffic lights that only had four lug nuts on five bolt wheels visible from my side. Too much NASCAR? Who knows, but it makes me laugh silently just the same.

I can still recall an MGA that was pitted next to us at an SCCA race many years ago at a track that no longer exists and it had to be towed back from track side due to one of the supporting pit crew idjits not tightening the lug nuts at all and it had cut the center from the wheel at an inopportune moment causing it to go aground. One of the groupies came over afterwards and asked whot happened? The driver, a sure fire PT Barnum type, said with a perfectly straight & dead serious face, "Well, boys, it just had too much power." It makes me laugh every time I think of it.
Back in the day I ran the old Ford Motorsports Autocross Series, a young man showed up in a very nice AH Sprite, he'd put Vega rims on it to get slightly wider tires, in a fairly high speed corner a wheel came off and it flipped. The bolt pattern was the same but the Vega bolt holes were larger and the wheel pulled over the Sprite lugs. Scary.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:09 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Back in the day I ran the old Ford Motorsports Autocross Series, a young man showed up in a very nice AH Sprite, he'd put Vega rims on it to get slightly wider tires, in a fairly high speed corner a wheel came off and it flipped. The bolt pattern was the same but the Vega bolt holes were larger and the wheel pulled over the Sprite lugs. Scary.
That sort of thing happens all the time, it seems. I advertised some Fiat wheels for sale a while back, and a kid showed up with a Mk I GTI to buy them. I told him the pattern was 4 x 98, not 4 x 100, and he laughed - said the holes were big enough to take up the difference.

He got quite upset that I wouldn't let him buy them.... I still have the wheels (anyone?) but am happy that they haven't caused any accidents. They'll sell at some point.

(Yes, you can buy "wobble-bolts" but I have never trusted them)

Old 12-09-2019, 09:32 AM
shootbrownelk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A guy pulls up next to me at a traffic light, he's got a cigarette hanging from his lips and an oxygen tube up his nose. That is pretty sad, but I had to laugh when I first saw him. There's REAL addiction for you.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:41 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
That sort of thing happens all the time, it seems. I advertised some Fiat wheels for sale a while back, and a kid showed up with a Mk I GTI to buy them. I told him the pattern was 4 x 98, not 4 x 100, and he laughed - said the holes were big enough to take up the difference.

He got quite upset that I wouldn't let him buy them.... I still have the wheels (anyone?) but am happy that they haven't caused any accidents. They'll sell at some point.

(Yes, you can buy "wobble-bolts" but I have never trusted them)
Wise move, if they caused an accident he'd likely want to sue you even after your warnings.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Zorba
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And I laugh at drones in suits. I'd much rather see people like the OP is discussing than a conformist drone.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:50 AM
GTS225
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Someone blew by me going over 70 in the rain on the highway I caught up with them in the next town they were pulling over with a flat donut tire on the right front.

This brings to mind an incident a month or so ago. Heading to Des Moines, west bound on 20. Raining, and not a slight drizzle, either. Managed to find an area with a downpour going on, and slowed down by about 7mph, and the other cars behind me followed suit, except for one.
Bigger, full-size car, apparently the driver thought he was fine at 65-70 mph, and kept right after it. 'Bout another half mile, and he's about 75-100 yards out front, and I see the rear skate to the right, then to the left, and back to the right, except this time it kept going. Did a full 360+90, and slid passenger's-side-in to the center divider. (luckily a divided 4-lane.) Stayed on all fours, so no injuries.
I couldn't help but chuckle at his foolish misfortune.
Hope he learned that hydroplaning is actually a thing.

Roger
Old 12-09-2019, 11:18 AM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same exact thing happened to me going south on 35 after work one night. It was drizzling and I had just got on the highway. Suddenly I drove into a down pour I didn't see in the dark. My truck very quickly fish tailed twice and the third time I was traveling backwards. I stomped on the brake to no effect and was looking a Semi a half mile away. I was still holding the brakes as I came out of the down pour and regained traction which spun me back around heading the right direction but one lane over. I'll bet that semi driver was laughing. Looked at where it happened the next day I was extremely fortunate to not have gone off the road where there was so many obstructions. Some one upstairs was watching over me.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 AM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
And I laugh at drones in suits. I'd much rather see people like the OP is discussing than a conformist drone.
The older I get, the more I agree with this. I try not to judge anybody based on appearance. I’ve done it and have been so wrong in the past. It’s their version of self expression and it may look kinda funny but I may look funny to them too. Like tattoos were once considered a little bit dangerous at one time.
But it still can get me to laugh a little at times, I must admit.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:26 PM
aarondhgraham
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I work at a state university,,,

I work at a state university,,,
Sightings like you describe are an hourly event.

And that's the younger faculty!

Aarond