Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

They sure are limiting their customers if the mags wonít even work in the original pistols.

I bought a few original mag bodies that havenít been finished. With a little work, and all the internal parts, I would have plenty of mags. That should last me a lifetime since I donít shoot it anyway.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:58 PM
Trigger1212
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RCP

Good things come to those who wait! While it can be a very painful wait for an ordered firearm, itís a whole lot less painful than if they cobbled one and threw it out the door. Then your 30 year dream would have crashed and burned, real pain! Enjoy the journey, anticipation is more than half the fun!

No Iím not just blowing smoke up your skirt! A number of years ago in one of the NRA magazines they wrote a piece on the 1877 Sharps rifle with pictures of an original from the NRA museum. One of the most asthetically pleasing rifles Iíve ever seen! Cut the picture out, laminated it and tacked it up by my work desk, I met list item! A year or so after that I heard that Shiloh Sharps was going to start making them and were taking orders. Only live once so I placed an order. Itís been 5 years and 7 months and no rifle yet. But thatís ok! On the journey Iíve had the opportunity to meet Kirk and Lucinda Bryan at 2 NRA conventions, fantastic people. Iíve also got a chance to meet/interact with some fantastic people on the Shiloh forum, like here but maybe even a smidge better?😂. Ordered as set of English walnut blanks toget the look I wanted and Specd it out to looks as close to the NRA rifle as possible. On top of everything the workmanship of the Shiloh rifles is just incredible. It WILL be worth the wait.

Yours will too, keep the faith, keep the dream alive and enjoy the journey!

Wade
Semper Fi!
Old 08-30-2019, 10:17 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
They sure are limiting their customers if the mags wonít even work in the original pistols.

I bought a few original mag bodies that havenít been finished. With a little work, and all the internal parts, I would have plenty of mags. That should last me a lifetime since I donít shoot it anyway.
I would call Patrick and talk to him yourself. Theier web page does say it will worh in the old frames.
https://automag-com.3dcartstores.com...t-15_p_28.html
Old 08-30-2019, 10:20 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger1212 View Post
RCP

Good things come to those who wait! While it can be a very painful wait for an ordered firearm, itís a whole lot less painful than if they cobbled one and threw it out the door. Then your 30 year dream would have crashed and burned, real pain! Enjoy the journey, anticipation is more than half the fun!
That's the way I've been approaching it. As long as I'm going to get a "better" gun, I'm willing to wait(at least I have been)!
Old 08-30-2019, 10:24 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger1212 View Post
Itís been 5 years and 7 months and no rifle yet.

Wade
Semper Fi!
Old 08-31-2019, 02:37 PM
Trigger1212
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Al

From one Michigander to another, yah! A long wait! But pretty much knew that going in. Family owned, Hand fit finished and just outstanding when done. On top of this they had to tool up for a completely new model (1877) as their bread and butter is the 1874. It is next in line to head for checkering so should not be much longer!🤞

Wade
Old 12-07-2019, 11:25 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I spoke with Patrick earlier this week, he said they have a new batch of frames coming in so hopefully they check out good. I don't think I will see anything until after the first of the year but I did get a little comfort in what he was saying.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:00 PM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Starline has made .44AutoMag brass for years, still does.

This is really one of those situations, such as when building a custom gun, that you pay your deposit and then forget about it. You'll be a happy camper when it arrives but you'll drive yourself nuts if you don't just let it go.

After hunting with a friend (and top gunsmith) who used both an original AutoMag .357AMP and Wildey .475 on a recent trip, I honestly wouldn't fool with the AutoMag. I can't spend that much on a gun and not shoot it but I would hate to have to do what he has to do to keep it running. It looks awesome and has that mystique but the Wildey is such a better made, better designed pistol. All that said, I ordered a Desert Eagle to satisfy my lust.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:51 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
2nd that. The automag looks cool, but; if going that route, I would want the Desert Eagle. Assuming functional and ammo were never an issue, which is a big assume, the price difference does not make sense. Shooting 44 Rem mag ammo is a big plus. And if someone wanted bigger, they could go fifty. Not that I would, but for others there it is.

Last edited by fourbore; 12-20-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:27 PM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Exactly! What I don't like about the .50AE is the available bullets/data. I like heavy-for-caliber bullets and that favors the .44Mag. I can run Lehigh or Grizzly solids through the .44 and take anything that walks.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:53 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's about nostalgia, I wanted one since they originally hit the market, back when they were only $275! The ammo is readily available now and I have a good supply of it now.

Last edited by RCP Phx; 12-27-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Tennessee453

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A friend of mine has a .44 automag Wildey in his shop and a jurris for sale. Plan is to order ammo and go shoot them after the first of the year so. Canít wait.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:00 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
It's about nostalgia, I wanted one since they originally hit the market, back when they were only $275! The ammo is readily available now and I have a good supply of it now.
Google inflation calculator from 1974 $275 is $1400 today. The current list price is just shy of $4000. Or more depending on tax, etc or less with dealer discounts if any.

This $275 was considered expensive item in the day. In real dollars the current gun is 3x that cost. I would expect CNC machinery in a modern facility would be less not more!