Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Kennebago
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Funny, the bucket GB load works just fine in my pistols (and I've shot a lot of them buckets).

Heck I like you guys, tell you what - send all that junk ammo to me for safe, environmentally-responsible disposal. I won't even charge you for it!
Old 09-27-2018, 02:52 PM
Gatorhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennebago View Post
Funny, the bucket GB load works just fine in my pistols (and I've shot a lot of them buckets).

Heck I like you guys, tell you what - send all that junk ammo to me for safe, environmentally-responsible disposal. I won't even charge you for it!
Most of the ones bashing the GB are the serial bashers. They do this because they have nothing better to do and spend most of their time online.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:34 PM
1984Landcruiser

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am shooting through a bucket of Remington Golden Bullets and have found them to be great! They cycle in old Mossberg semiauto rifles, old and new Beretta semiauto pistols, and in anything else Iíve loaded.

In contrast, the Winchester M-22 that comes in a black box is downright terrible. It is quick to stovepipe, misfeed and not fire. Many of the bullets are misformed and the quality control is quite low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Mike09
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Been using Golden Bullets in the 100 round trays for a couple of years. I've run over 1200 rounds of GB through 3 different guns and no problems. Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, Remington 597, and most recently a Thompson Center T/CR 1022. Decent groups for plinking and paper target out to 50 yds which is the length of our club range.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Petey
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorhunter View Post
Most of the ones bashing the GB are the serial bashers. They do this because they have nothing better to do and spend most of their time online.
Things must be slow for them over on the sundry Glock forums they also infest, no doubt.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Gatorhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey View Post
Things must be slow for them over on the sundry Glock forums they also infest, no doubt.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:32 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorhunter View Post
Bashing bashers?
Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Bashing bashers?
Beat me to it, Al.

"Hello, Mr. Kettle, I'm Mr. Pot".
Old 09-27-2018, 11:09 PM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I haven't bought any Remington rim fire ammo in decades because my M-41 flat out doesn't work with any of them.
If they work well in your .22 guns, that's nice!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:43 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Cereal bashing should be abolished. Heck, I kilt everything from cotton spotters to wabbits to 'dillers w/RGB's at one time or another for the simple reason that I didn't know any better. They was all dead enough.

Enough!
Old 09-28-2018, 01:12 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It does make me wonder ?
Why GB. Work so well in my Nylons 66s ?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:06 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice to hear some of you are getting decent performance from the GB loads. I've used a bit of Remington ammo through the last 30+ years of shooting. Some was decent, most was fairly reliable but a lot of it was down right atrocious. If that makes me a GB basher with nothing better to do then so be it. I am open to trying them again out of curiosity to see if there has been any change in the overall quality, but I haven't heard any compelling argument or report of current performance that would convince me I should plop down $30 in exchange for a box. Anecdotal references about decent performance aren't any more reliable than anecdotal references about horrible performance. There are two sides to this debate for a reason. My personal experience makes me "wary, wary, nerwis" about using Remington ammo. And yes I call their ammo Thunderduds and Goldenturds as a tongue in cheek reference to describe my general lack of admiration for Big Green's products. But the lack of quality I've seen from recent Winchester ammo has me concerned as well. Let's rename them "Unimpressive X" just to be fair. rc
Old 09-28-2018, 11:20 AM
schutzen-jager

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
not a basher , but statement of my experience - bought GB + thunderbolt bulk within past year - no improvement from problems from 5 years ago - FTF , inconsistent velocity , dirty , leading , + etc - this is with over a dozen different reliable rifles + pistols - plus currently the Remington prices are 50 to 70% more then the better performing Federal , CCi , + other bulk ammo - Remingto does have a definite problem in my opinion as far as I + many others have stated -
Old 09-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the 7 years that I've shot GB's, never Thunderturds as leading is well documented, I've never had a problem with GB's ever failing to fire or eject in my 7 Ruger rifles. Fliers, of course. Of course, I clean my firearms after every shoot. Also, in that time period, I've probably have shot only 25k-30k rounds which may not be enough to judge them. I still have 30k to go and they might take a while as in three of my Rugers I now only shoot sv's. Shot 300 last Friday and not one problem. A few missed my 3" target at 50 yards though, but I always get those.

For those of you who want to find some buckets, use the link below and add your zip code. I thought since we've been bashing GB's again, we might as well bash these folks too.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=179760823
Old 09-28-2018, 08:28 PM
ma96782

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington Thunderbolt and Remington Golden Bullets work in my Walther P22. While Federal ammo (well I haven't tried all of them or even mostly all of them) doesn't. Not even Fed Auto Match will work. And, Fed Auto Match is problematic in my Ruger 10/22s that love "cheaper ammo".

BTW.....there was a test on YouTube that someone did regarding "dirty" Remington ammo vs some other brands. What do I care? I mean......IF the ammo won't work through my firearm.

Course.....your firearm might be different. I figure......that's how it is, with 22 LR.

Aloha, Mark