Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Egriv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyjack View Post
Glad to see ya here Erin
Hot weather keeping me away from projects but always gathering nuts for the winter.

http://winchester1890.blogspot.com/?view=magazine
Have you found anything out of the ordinary in your gatherings? Nice score on the second model a while back. I didn't have to use your contact for that first model lifter, I heated up the old one and straightened it. Worked just fine. Sometimes you really wonder what type of caveman got his mitts on these old guns.

Best,

Erin
Old 08-08-2018, 10:57 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egriv View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

For future reference, does this site require 3rd party hosting for pics? Since photo bucket went to the dark side I have not used a 3rd party site. Thinking I will need to start over with another one.

Best,

Erin
You don't have to use third party hosting to post pictures. I have posted a few directly and find it not to be much of a problem at all. Mainly, unless you are a Team member (I think), you just need to make sure you don't exceed your space limit. Not sure about limits on Team members since I'm not one - YET.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Rustyjack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nothing too much out of the ordinary. Couple of third models intended as parts donors. Though one has such a pristine bore I can't sacrifice it.
Lucky with that carrier...seems they more often break than bend.

Off topic, but definitely out of the ordinary.... my dogs found these in my backyard yesterday morning. Thought it was pretty cool...but I didn't stick around for a pic of mama bear.

http://winchester1890.blogspot.com/?view=magazine

Last edited by Rustyjack; 08-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Egriv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
About the same here, I picked up a 3rd model donor and a 62A. The 62 is a 95% gun BUT is has 4 10-32 holes in the side of the receiver. I got it cheap thinking more of a parts gun but have decided to put plug screws in the holes, TIG weld over the tops and refinish just the receiver. Xmas is coming and I have a grandson that will be a happy camper when he opens up that box. I do have a couple CCH second models that need a face lift yet. I have no intention of starting any projects until December tho. Work schedule has me away from home the next couple of months.

Nice to see Wildlife in the back yard so long as they don't become a nuisance. Lots of deer in my fields but nothing out of the ordinary.

Best,

Erin

Last edited by Egriv; 08-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Flyguy65
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome

Erin,

Welcome to RFC. Best site on the internet. I too dont post often but I love to come here and read. There are so many wonderful people and resources on this site. The knowledge base is diverse and almost everyone contributes to help answer your questions, educate you on the history of firearms and even offer suggestions that may seem archaic and/or long forgotten remedies but ultimately prove to be pearls of wisdom.

I cannot express eloquently enough how much I enjoy this site or the value it brings.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Egriv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I concur, I've sifted through several hundred old threads and found lots of great info. Who says ya can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Best,

Erin
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome from Iowa!