Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Flyguy65
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage Fan

So I have a Savage BV, FV-SR, Mod 10 (.308) and Mod 10 PC (.223) and they are incredibly accurate. With Aquila and/or Federal Auto Match I am am able to group the BV and FV-SR in 1/2" @50 yards regularly.

I replaced the stocks on the FV-SR (because the plastic stock was not the best or said another way, terrible) but the action, trigger and barrel are excellent right out of the box

Having said that, the CZ wood stocks are beautiful and the CZ's are no better or worse than the Savages for accuracy. I am a savage guy as you can see from above but I am looking to acquire some CZs moving forward. Not because I think the CZ is better but I like accurate quality and beautiful hard wood stocks.

Go with either because neither will disappoint.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 PM
dixiehacker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a mark II and it shoots pretty well. It really likes lapua centerx after a few shots jube the lube in. My biggest disappointment is that you can’t swap the barrel out like you can in the cz.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:39 AM
NevRimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would opt for the CZ 455 Varmit rather than the Savage. Accuracy wise, you’re pretty much beating a dead horse over which one is more accurate than the other...they are both accurate rifles for their price points.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:11 PM
HGWT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While you did not specify which guns you are looking at here is my 2 cents:

10/22 - classic, have one and would buy more if I needed it. Wonderful tack driver right out of the box.
Ruger Rimfire - have both LR and WMR models and they are magnificent accurate at 100 yards with Nikon 7-12 40mm Rimfire scope
Savage A22 - Both LR and WMR models with similar scopes to the Ruger American. Nice semi-autos which I bought on sale at Gander Mtn GOOB. Bought these because I ordered 2 CZ and a year later they were still not available. Do very well at 100 yds. Like the Ruger American they are 1" at 100 yards for the WMR. Don't believe the hype abut A22 ammo being designed for that rifle. It shot just as well in my Rugers as in the Savage.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:55 PM
wdl002

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I might need to make a couple clarification, I don't realy care just witch ammo that I can get the best accuracy from, but witch high velocity and or witch hyper velocity . I am not bench rest shooter, but use my rifles for varmint/ pest control. I am looking for something that I can get 3/4 or hopefully closer to 1/2 inch at 50 yards consistently taking in to account that a flyer form time to time is a fact of life for this type of rounds. The thee models that I am looking at appear to have the potential with the right fine tuning. Now do you all think that I am being a little too ambitious? BTW I already have a 22mag that will shoot sub half inch groups @ 50yds. all day long, but I want something a little tamer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2018, 12:31 AM
ClayD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently got a Mk II BVXP with a gray laminated stock and a factory installed scope. It has no trouble shooting sub-.50 inch groups at 50 yards with CCI Mini-Mags as well as the standard velocity and subsonic hollow points. Very happy with it.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Doubles Shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm another BRJ fan. I mounted a Mueller 8x32 target scope on it. I also installed a Rifle Basix Sav- Rat trigger. It loves CCI subsonic 40grhp.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Doubles Shooter; 11-12-2018 at 06:48 AM.