Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hasten 95

Received a gun Saturday shot at Sunday what a piece of work great gun built like a tank. And accurate only shot around about 50 rounds through it because it was cold but I was hitting 4-in spinner at 35 yards and 7 out of 10 shots I hit a 2-in spinner at 35 yards. It's built for a giant you got be pretty stout to Cock it once you get the trigger figured out it's a lot better but not great.but I can see myself shooting this thing for a long time I enjoy it thank you

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2021, 10:49 PM
Delbert
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

On a little farm Southeast of KC, Missouri
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's some Vids online that show you about this trigger to help understand. When I did mine and got it where I wanted, I Loctited(blue) onto the screws to keep locked in place, then let dry overnite. I also greased well the trigger assembly with synthetic gun grease(Slip2000 EWG). If you use oil, it will run off and leave the parts dry over time.

They're a very good trigger.

Last edited by Delbert; 02-22-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:10 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
There's some Vids online that show you about this trigger to help understand. When I did mine and got it where I wanted, I Loctited(blue) onto the screws to keep locked in place, then let dry overnite. I also greased well the trigger assembly with synthetic gun grease(Slip2000 EWG). If you use oil, it will run off and leave the parts dry over time.

They're a very good trigger.
Delbert and Basrem---I really like my 95 as well. Do you have a "springer" or gasram? Mine's the gasram, and for sure, it does require some serious effort to cock it. Del---"blue" loctite on screws that small in diameter may be a problem if you ever want to readjust. "Purple" (the stuff made for "small" screws) may have been a better choice here? When I did my trigger (its been awhile, going from memory here), I obtained a spare (longer) adjustment screw for the 2nd stage engagement and fitted it to get the pull I desired. The factory screw does not have sufficient length to adjust at least SOME of the creep out. Basically when done, the screw is simply bottomed out, so no chance of it ever loosening, no loctite required. If I ever sell the rifle I will re-install the factory screw and readjust trigger pull to mimic the factory setting. By the way, mine is .22 cal, and does hit hard with the heavier pellets. I can safely say the resident groundhogs do NOT like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Delbert
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

On a little farm Southeast of KC, Missouri
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Triggershoe, I have absolutely no problem with blue loctiting these screws. I adjust to my liking and don't touch again. There's no need to.

The Loctiting I did wasn't squirting it from the bottle onto the screw. I used a toothpick and put the liquid onto it and touched the screw to leave a spot on the screw to know it'll work. Been working on, using, fixing my own guns since the 70's and past few years assembling some guns with available parts(if you know what I mean).

Triggers aren't like scopes, where one keeps jacking with the adjustment. Set it, test it, forget it until you see where the trigger isn't working as it should, or becomes too dangerous to use..
Old 02-24-2021, 02:29 PM
Triggershoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
Triggershoe, I have absolutely no problem with blue loctiting these screws. I adjust to my liking and don't touch again. There's no need to.

The Loctiting I did wasn't squirting it from the bottle onto the screw. I used a toothpick and put the liquid onto it and touched the screw to leave a spot on the screw to know it'll work. Been working on, using, fixing my own guns since the 70's and past few years assembling some guns with available parts(if you know what I mean).

Triggers aren't like scopes, where one keeps jacking with the adjustment. Set it, test it, forget it until you see where the trigger isn't working as it should, or becomes too dangerous to use..
Del--that's a good way to apply it. I have seen way too many gun owners liberally apply the "blue" to VERY small screws. Heat is usually required to get them loose, without ruining screw slots or stripping allen/torx heads. Your method (spot applied from a toothpick) makes perfect sense, and thanks for the clarification
Old 03-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I shoot my airgun with open sights. Anyway pellt I use there is any weight on you

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2021, 05:31 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the Hatsan 95 .22 spring version. I've had it about a week. I've only shot about 20 rnds through it, but am pleased. I got this to compliment my .177 Walther Terrus. I'm thinking about doing some small game next fall, and thought the .22 may be a good option.

Funny that they ship this with a scope that is parallax free at a bunch of yards.

I used different rings, the scope stop is nice but I'll be getting a drop compensating 11mm to weaver mount. The scope was on target with the first shot at about 30 ft, and has held up for 20rds so far.

So far it seems less hold sensitive than the Terrus, but that could be subjective or the effect of shooting pellets twice the mass.

The trigger is horrible, but adjustable and said to be pretty good once set up. As a 60 y/o long time .177 shooter, I love the larger pellets and additional energy.

Fun gun and beautiful stock. I got this, 4 tins of pellets, and pellgun oil for my CO2 guns delivered in 4 days for less than $200. Pellets were packed right from Pyramid.

This is the second Turkish gun I've bought recently, the other being a Canik imported by Tristar pistol and have been very pleased with that as well.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:26 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Fwiw
Pls dont go by color of the liquid in thread 'locker' bottles (unless they are on your shelf and you know them well). Go by the application chart and/or bottle use description.
Ime, most gun related screws a goo for 'periodic disassembly' is best.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:47 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
.....The trigger is horrible, but adjustable and said to be pretty good once set up.
Replying to myself; a sign of old age?

Anyway, I've had the Hatsan 95 (spring) for a month or so. I remembered I had a Leapers one piece mount, so I replaced the rings.

I really like this gun. I found so much misinformation on the quatro trigger, including some YouTube airgun channels I usually trust, but once I played around with it (there are 3 screws), I got it to where I like it; mind you I'm not spoiled.

Still going with the included scope, just to see how long it holds up. I've read so many reviews where it fell apart almost immediately.

Funny, but very much the same story with my first springer, an Umarex Surge. Everyone said the scope was junk, but when the main spring broke after about 3K rounds, the cheap scope still worked.

I have so many cheap Chinese scopes that still work........

Anyway I couldn't be happier at this point. Still just breakin it in with Crosman Premiers.

I also like the .22 pellets as a choice in a powerful springer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (389.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-08-2021, 06:30 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Iím getting a Model 95 ( spring ) next week for back yard Varmint control. Iím trying to learn as much as I can about it, but itís difficult to find much info on tuning or disassembly. I hear people talk about tuning them, but no videos seem to exist on actually doing it.
I know itís an entry level air gun, but Iím a serial tinkerer and canít help myself.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:16 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is a guy on YouTube that has a 2 part series on taking these apart, including the entire trigger group. That was probably the most helpfu,l although he didn't spend much time on adjusting the trigger; at least not in the detail I was looking for.

FWIW, the manual that came with it covers trigger adjustment, but I couldn't understand it, still can't.

Good luck, very happy with mine especially since I adjusted the trigger

https://youtu.be/pCBcZRRGK_c

https://youtu.be/tEEZhlklPwQ

Last edited by Henry88; 05-08-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:01 AM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I’ve seen his videos and was actually talking to him last night. He does tuning and overhauls on Hatsans. Nice guy.
There are two videos I’ve seen on adjusting the trigger :

https://youtu.be/ymvmuEVVLDs

Here is the other :
https://youtu.be/ttiyeyhaJmQ

Here is an exploded view of one :
https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/wp-cont...w-June2013.pdf

Last edited by SLS; 05-09-2021 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:56 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
yes I watched those two videos, but they more or less followed the manual, and didn't seem to match what the screws seemed to be doing.

BTW a fan of Expert Airgun Reviews and have watched many of his videos.

When I watch them now, they make more sense; though I just disagree with the wording, especially with regard to the small screw behind the trigger, where he says the third screw adjusts the "over all trigger tension". I don't see it that way but maybe it's just a matter of vernacular.

I hope to improve the trigger further as I learn more.

Good Luck
Old 05-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Tasker21
US Air Force Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi...I bought the model 95 in .177 last year and got nickle sized groups at 30 feet, right out of the box...did a little adjustment to the trigger and is good. Replaced factory scope with a Center Point 4 x 32 mil dot scope and after a year of use, the scope still holds zero. This springer takes two men and a gorilla to cock the barrel, but geez, this rifle is so accurate and hard hitting with the 10 gr Premier round heads. Very nice rifle for less than $150.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:35 PM
SLS

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yes, once you take some time to adjust the trigger, they really can be very nice. I replaced the first trigger adjustment screw with a slightly longer one, which made all the difference. Got rid of some of the pre-travel and it now breaks at about a pound and a half. The cocking effort is a bit of a workout, but I’m using it for pest control so I’m not shooting a hundred pellets at a sitting.

Last edited by SLS; 05-29-2021 at 04:05 PM.