Romanian M69 -- Thoughts - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-29-2021, 03:53 PM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Romanian M69 -- Thoughts

LGS has one collecting dust; looked OK from what a quick look would allow. I couldn't get a real close look because the trigger had a lock and the shopkeeper staff was slammed busy. Anyone have experience with these? Seemed expensive, asking $199, but has a magazine. Tempted....
Old 11-29-2021, 05:55 PM
22lrJohn
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGret View Post
Anyone have experience with these? Seemed expensive, asking $199, but has a magazine. Tempted....
I purchased an M69 for $150 a couple of years ago. They are quirky and accurate. The firing pin doubles as the ejector creating some FTE issues. Aftermarket magazines are available but may need a little adjustment to feed.

There are many posts on RfC regarding these rifles to look through before you buy. Also, you can search YouTube for Romanian M69 or M1969. There is a good book on the M69 as well "The Romanian: A Guide to the .22 Caliber M69" by Paul Liska

When you get a look at it, see if the serial numbers match: bolt, barreled receiver. bring some snap caps to run through the magazine and check feed and FP strike.

That said, they are easy to work on, parts are generally available, and they are fun to shoot.

Last edited by 22lrJohn; 11-29-2021 at 05:58 PM. Reason: add book title
Old 11-29-2021, 06:05 PM
NWFRS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I refurbished one for a coworker several years ago, as he didnít like the peeling dark varnish. His apparently hadnít seen much use, and was really minty. Somewhat rough machining, but I just LIKED it. Really cute little rifle.

I certainly wouldnít want to pay more than that, but I canít think of anything Iíd rather have for that kind of money.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 PM
dmthomp32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quirky is the right word. If it isnít your only rimfire rifle, if you like unique rifles, if you like military surplusÖ then this is a nice rifle to buy. I say all that cause fitting them with a scope can be a real hassle (that frame looks like a dovetail but itís not). The iron sights are actually very good for their type, love the 25 meter, 50 meter flip feature. The trigger is pretty good, not great. The finish on the wood stock usually leaves a lot to be desired. Resale value and demand isnít high on these. All that aside, it is a solid rifle that shoots well and is an interesting piece that provides diversity to a collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2021, 07:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
They had about15-20 of them on a table at the last gun show, your choice $150, with 2 mags, the looked like they were run through a cement mixer, rough and crude.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:44 PM
skwerl58
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have one that is a very good shooter. Bought a spare mag, new firing pin and it functions fine. A rugged made rifle that is accurate and man sized for under $200. What more do you need?
Old 11-29-2021, 09:55 PM
12Bravo
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had mine for about 20 years now. It is quite accurate and a decent rifle even with the crude machining. Make sure to take them completely apart to clean out all of the cosmoline from every nook and cranny.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:34 AM
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
You make a very light two stage trigger on these and they are supper accurate. Everything said so far is correct.
I paid $100-$150 for each of the three I have had. I believe whatís in the USA is all there will be so if they have gone up to $200 and considering inflation I donít think $200 is to much. I certainly wouldnít want to pay more.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 11-30-2021, 01:21 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tnx all for the info....may go back for a second look.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:41 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Passed on it...tnx all for the info.