2 High Standards in the case - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM
Kevin_Garthwaite
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
2 High Standards in the case

Kittery Trading Post has a model 102 tournament and a Hamden model 107 trophy in the case.
Neither are collector condition, respectable shooters at prices I think are reasonable.
Kevin
Old 11-28-2021, 12:45 AM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I searched looking for photos and they actually show 3 available. If they are in good shape all the prices seem reasonable to me.

Surprising they don't post photos really, but if the local market buys them up it might not be worth the time.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Kevin_Garthwaite
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KTP was running a big storewide sale this past week and they are short of help. Doesnít surprise me that photos were not available.
The 102 tournament caught my attention in particular as I favor slant grip models. I took the barrel and slide off, the slide stop didnít show signs of battering. In all honesty I didnít look for the dreaded frame crack. It had nice Walnut right hand target grips probably original to the gun. I am a southpaw which made the gun less desirable to me. Besides, I already have a 103 tournament.
If I recall correctly the price was $450 which I thought was decent in this day and age.
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2021, 03:24 PM
John Stimson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garthwaite View Post
KTP was running a big storewide sale this past week and they are short of help. Doesnít surprise me that photos were not available.
The 102 tournament caught my attention in particular as I favor slant grip models. I took the barrel and slide off, the slide stop didnít show signs of battering. In all honesty I didnít look for the dreaded frame crack. It had nice Walnut right hand target grips probably original to the gun. I am a southpaw which made the gun less desirable to me. Besides, I already have a 103 tournament.
If I recall correctly the price was $450 which I thought was decent in this day and age.
Kevin
102 Supermatic Tournaments originally came with ambidextrous Bakelite grips.

Frame cracks are not really common.

There are two different 102 series frames and both are more prone to frame cracks than later guns.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:33 PM
spaceguns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I looked at the Tournament as well. As I remember it had been tapped for a scope which renders it of no interest to me. The walnut grips were OK, but as John points out are not original for to the gun. For the price, it would be a decent entry level pistol for someone who wants to shoot versus collect.