Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:34 AM
mostly22lately
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Weight

On the Tippmann website, all the M4-22 rifles are listed as being 5.22 lbs in weight.

That can't be right.

Is there a listing of the correct weights?

Of certain interest is the weight change from shortening the handguard from the 'Elite' version to the 'Pro' version, using the polymer vs the aluminum version, and especially from using the fluted barrel.

Getting another M4-22 configured for steel challenge type use could be smarter than doing a custom 10/22 build, since I already have an Elite plus magazines, but only if I could correctly weigh all the advantages.

(Get it? Weigh the advantages?)
Old 01-08-2022, 03:59 PM
KiddsTippmann

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've noticed the same thing with the weights, and have the same questions about the handguards. I'm thinking about having the barrell fluted, and getting a lighter weight handguard. The Elites are pretty nose heavy, for young shooters to hold up.